Patient Access Representative - Neurology
PeaceHealth is seeking a Patient Access Representative - Neurology for a Per Diem/Relief, 0.00 FTE, Day position. The general salary range for this job opening at PeaceHealth is $20.61 – $32.04. The actual hiring rate is dependent upon several factors, including but not limited to, the job/position responsibilities, location, terms of the applicable collective bargaining agreement, education, training, work experience, seniority, work performance, etc.
Spotlight on PeaceHealth St. Joseph Medical Center | Bellingham, WA A Better Workplace Community
Assists in coordinating the activities between scheduling, insurance verification and pre-certification. Acts as a clinical liaison with physician practices interacting with pre-visit services.
Details of the position:
- Pre-registers/registers patients with accurate patient demographic, financial data. May register patients using varying methods depending upon location, which may include mobile cart.
- Collects patient balances, co-payment, co-insurance, or other payment types.
- Verifies coverage and ensures all insurance requirements are met, as well as obtaining all prior authorization and/or referrals as appropriate prior to patient arrival.
- Manages daily appointment schedules which may include reminder calls and calling all referrals.
- May transport patients utilizing escort or wheeled transport equipment.
What I bring:
- Minimum of 1 year Required: Medical office or related customer service experience.
- Preferred: Experience with Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Strong background in customer service may be considered in lieu of medical office or related experience.
- Must be able to manage conflict effectively and professionally. (Required)
- Excellent time management skills, with an emphasis on meeting time sensitive deadlines. (Required)
- Good customer service skills and good interpersonal skills. (Required)
- Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
For a full description of the position, or for questions, please email [email protected].
PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers. The benefits included in positions less than 0.5 FTE are 403b retirement plan for caregiver contributions; wellness benefits, discount program, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.
PeaceHealth requires a completed Primary Vaccine Series (e.g., 2 dose monovalent Pfizer, Moderna or Novavax series or 1 dose J&J vaccine series) or be Up to Date (receiving the most recent Pfizer/Moderna bivalent vaccine/booster) for COVID-19 vaccination prior to their start date. PeaceHealth has a medical and religious exemption request process for those that are unable to receive the COVID-19 primary vaccine series due to medical/religious reasons. For caregivers that will be working in Oregon there is a personal vaccine exemption form that may be requested.