***Hiring bonus and relocation assistance may be available***
PeaceHealth St. Joseph Medical Center in Bellingham, Washington is seeking an Ultrasound Sonographer for a Part Time, 0.80 FTE, Variable position. The general salary range for this job opening at PeaceHealth is $43.26 – $69.68. The actual hiring rate is dependent upon several factors, including but not limited to, the job/position responsibilities, location, terms of the applicable collective bargaining agreement, education, training, work experience, seniority, work performance, etc.
As an Ultrasound Sonographer, you will use independent judgment, ingenuity, and initiative in performing diagnostic sonographic examinations utilizing ultrasound equipment in various modes and techniques to locate, evaluate, and record pertinent anatomical, pathological, and functional data. Responsible for initial assessments, summarizing diagnostic data, and communicating this information with diagnostic images to the interpreting physician.
- PeaceHealth was named one of America's Greatest Workplaces in 2023 by Newsweek! Be a part of our mission-driven culture where values guide every decision, creating a truly purposeful workplace.
- This variable position will be covering our team's vacations and other absences for the Ultrasound department at PeaceHealth St. Joseph Medical Center. Variable shifts will give you the unique opportunity to explore working a diverse schedule. You'll get your schedule in advance, though, so you'll be able to plan ahead!
- Our supportive team treats each other like family and is committed to providing exceptional care to our patients and fostering a collaborative work environment. As part of this dedication to teamwork, our department shares holiday and standby call rotation.
Details about the position:
- This is a general ultrasound position. OB ultrasound experience preferred.
- Performs most appropriate examination based on patient information through consultation with interpreting physician and/or ordering physician as necessary.
- Records test results, prepares accurate preliminary reports with information appropriate to their scope of practice, and updates patient records for interpreting physician.
- Prepares, supplies, and equips exam rooms to meet the needs of requested examinations and to meet specific physician requirements for procedures.
- Uses independent judgment during exam to differentiate, within the scope of their licensure, between normal and pathological findings.
- Integrates previous imaging studies, laboratory results, patient history, and medical records to optimize exam.
- Tailors exam to individual patient and utilizes the most appropriate equipment settings to provide most diagnostic information for interpretation.
- Performs other duties consistent with caregiver’s scope of practice, training, experience, and licensure/registration/certification.
What you bring:
- Accredited School of Ultrasound Sonography required, or the equivalent education and/or experience for obtaining certification/license/registration as required by the national registry through the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS)
- PACS/RIS knowledge required, ImageCast/CareCast experience preferred
- ARDMS eligible. ARDMS registration required within 1 year.
- OB experience preferred.
- Required Upon Hire: Basic Life Support
Relocating to Bellingham? Here are some reasons while you'll love it:
- No Washington state income tax
- Relocation assistance may be available
- Located just 90 minutes north of Seattle and 30 minutes south of British Columbia
- Live in the breathtaking Pacific Northwest: Bellingham is a vibrant community nestled between the mountains and the sea. Hike, bike, kayak, ski, or just relax in stunning scenery.
- Spotlight on Bellingham
PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers: physical, emotional, financial, social, and spiritual. We offer caregivers a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical/dental/vision coverage; 403b retirement plan employer base and matching contributions; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buyup coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; wellness benefits, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
For a detailed description of this position, or for questions, contact Andrea, [email protected].
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.
PeaceHealth requires a completed Primary Vaccine Series (e.g., 2 dose monovalent Pfizer, Moderna or Novavax series or 1 dose J&J vaccine series) or be Up to Date (receiving the most recent Pfizer/Moderna bivalent vaccine/booster) for COVID-19 vaccination prior to their start date. PeaceHealth has a medical and religious exemption request process for those that are unable to receive the COVID-19 primary vaccine series due to medical/religious reasons. For caregivers that will be working in Oregon there is a personal vaccine exemption form that may be requested.