Director Clinical Services
Join PeaceHealth as Director of Clinical Services at United General Medical Center. Located in Sedro Wooley, PeaceHealth United General Medical Center is a 25-bed critical access hospital serving Skagit & Whatcom County . This established leadership team partners closely with leaders in our Northwest Network & is passionate about Nurse Leadership Development.
The Director of Clinical Services provides leadership to develop, promote and implement a clinical services and nursing professional practice environment and ensure that exceptional medicine and compassionate care is delivered; continually improve service and operations to ensure that safe, reliable and high quality care and patient experiences are provided; ensure that clinical support services are coordinated; create an environment that supports caregivers and enhances growth, communication and job satisfaction.
What you will enjoy:
- Working closely with leadership throughout the organization to maximize operational efficiencies and meet capital and operating budget goals. Participate in operational planning and implementation of organizational strategic plans.
- Developing patient care programs.
- Developing implementation plans for providing nursing care.
- Implementing an effective ongoing program to measure, assess and improve the quality and outcomes of nursing care delivered to patients.
- Serving as a consultant for nursing to ensure practice and standards are current and that care is delivered across the continuum.
- Providing nursing leadership on issues including patient safety, healthcare quality, emerging technology and innovation. Maintain alignment with regional direction on these issues.
- Managing operational units as assigned. Manage, supervise, coach, mentor, and evaluate staff in assigned operational departments.
- Developing effective interdisciplinary relationships with medical staff.
- Assuming responsibility for hospital in absence of Administrator.
- Budget development and accountability for all operational departments assigned.
What you will bring:
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing.
- Master's Degree Masters of Nursing or Business or Healthcare.
- Minimum of 5 years progressively responsible nursing leadership experience.
- Experience with collective bargaining units preferred.
- Registered Nurse in the state of practice
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent critical thinking.
- Ability to work in a collaborative manner.
- Proficient computer skills including MS Office applications.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Consistently operates computer and other office equipment.
- Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Sedentary work.
- Predominantly operates in an office environment.
- Some time spent on site in medical/hospital setting.
- Ability to communicate and exchange accurate information.
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading.
PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers: physical, emotional, financial, social, and spiritual. We offer caregivers a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical/dental/vision coverage; 403b retirement plan employer base and matching contributions; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buyup coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; wellness benefits, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.
PeaceHealth is seeking a Director Clinical Services for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day position. The general salary range for this job opening at PeaceHealth is $78.38 – $117.58. The actual hiring rate is dependent upon several factors, including but not limited to, the job/position responsibilities, location, terms of the applicable collective bargaining agreement, education, training, work experience, seniority, work performance, etc.
PeaceHealth requires a completed Primary Vaccine Series (e.g., 2 dose monovalent Pfizer, Moderna or Novavax series or 1 dose J&J vaccine series) or be Up to Date (receiving the most recent Pfizer/Moderna bivalent vaccine/booster) for COVID-19 vaccination prior to their start date. PeaceHealth has a medical and religious exemption request process for those that are unable to receive the COVID-19 primary vaccine series due to medical/religious reasons. For caregivers that will be working in Oregon there is a personal vaccine exemption form that may be requested.