Emergency Department Technician
PeaceHealth is seeking a Emergency Department Technician for a Per Diem/Relief, 0.00 FTE, Variable position. The general salary range for this job opening at PeaceHealth is $20.65 – $32.87. The actual hiring rate is dependent upon several factors, including but not limited to, the job/position responsibilities, location, terms of the applicable collective bargaining agreement, education, training, work experience, seniority, work performance, etc.
Join a cohesive team that feels like family, where flexibility is your strength and professional development is supported!
A 25-bed critical access hospital, PeaceHealth United General Medical Center offers advanced treatment options and short hospital stays. Comprehensive cancer care is provided at PeaceHealth United General's Cancer Center and a variety of surgical procedures is available at the Surgery & Orthopedics Center. Primary and specialty care is provided by PeaceHealth Medical Group. Discover PeaceHealth United General Medical Center and what the beautiful community of Sedro-Woolley has to offer: https://peacehealth.culturehq.com/story/5793
Details of the position
- Assists nursing staff and other care team members with patient care: receiving patients by ambulance and from triage; assisting with ambulatory patients; setting up and assisting with procedures; obtaining patient vital signs; dressing or undressing patients; providing treatment supplies when needed; application of sterile dressings; restraint procedures; immobilization of extremities; cast and splint applications; patient transport.
- Performs basic patient observation skills and reports significant changes in patient condition to the appropriate team member. Observation of secluded or restrained patients.
- Maintain unit supplies by stocking patient rooms and supply areas to meet patient care needs. Assist in keeping patient care areas and equipment clean.
- Performs clerical and communication functions to support departmental operations and patient care.
- Order entry and results retrieval in the computer system.
What you bring
- Accredited Program Required: Acute Care Certified Nursing Assistant, Medical Assistant or Emergency Medical Technician.
- Requires either Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) or Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) or Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) at time of hire.
- Minimum of 1 year Required: Work experience as a Certified or Registered Nursing Assistant, Medical Assistant or EMT.
- Required Upon Hire: Basic Life Support
- May be required to float to the Operating room and/or Medical/Surgical/ICU department.
- Patient handling no greater than 35 lbs. without the use of assistive equipment and/or devices (NIOSH).
- Fine motor skills to be able to grasp and control medical equipment and perform precise procedures.
- Ability to move around area with occasional sitting.
- Frequent reaching/ bending/ squatting/ kneeling/ grasping.
- Lift/Carry: Frequently up to 15 lbs. Occasionally up to 20 lbs.
- Push/Pull: Frequently up to 20 lbs. force. Occasional up to 30 lbs. force.
- Exposure to biohazard, body fluids and airborne particles.
- Exposure to toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Time spent on site in medical/hospital setting.
- Vision and hearing required within normal limits (glasses, contacts, hearing aids permitted).
- Ability to communicate and exchange accurate information.
For a full position description or for questions, please contact Vicki Greenwald: [email protected]
PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers. The benefits included in positions less than 0.5 FTE are 403b retirement plan for caregiver contributions; wellness benefits, discount program, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.
PeaceHealth requires a completed Primary Vaccine Series (e.g., 2 dose monovalent Pfizer, Moderna or Novavax series or 1 dose J&J vaccine series) or be Up to Date (receiving the most recent Pfizer/Moderna bivalent vaccine/booster) for COVID-19 vaccination prior to their start date. PeaceHealth has a medical and religious exemption request process for those that are unable to receive the COVID-19 primary vaccine series due to medical/religious reasons. For caregivers that will be working in Oregon there is a personal vaccine exemption form that may be requested.