CNA - Acute Medical Care
PeaceHealth is seeking a CNA - Acute Medical Care for a Part Time, 0.80 FTE, Night position. Hours: 2300-0730. The general salary range for this job opening at PeaceHealth is $20.25 – $31.52. The actual hiring rate is dependent upon several factors, including but not limited to, the job/position responsibilities, location, terms of the applicable collective bargaining agreement, education, training, work experience, seniority, work performance, etc.
This Acute Medical Care Unit has a diverse patient population which provides multiple learning opportunities. Recent graduates encouraged to apply. No experience necessary. Will train!
PeaceHealth has been serving the communities of northwest Washington since 1890. PeaceHealth St. Joseph Medical Center is a 253-bed, two-campus hospital providing a Level II Trauma Center and a full range of inpatient and outpatient services. PeaceHealth's Whatcom Region also includes the comprehensive heart care services of the Cardiovascular Center at PeaceHealth St. Joseph Medical Center as well as the primary and specialty care provided by PeaceHealth Medical Group. Discover PeaceHealth St. Joseph Medical Center and the vibrant Bellingham community in this video! https://peacehealth.culturehq.com/story/5596
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
Details of the position
- Assist in providing direct patient care as delegated by the Registered Nurse within the scope of the CNA licensure.
- Perform basic technical skills which may include: CPR; taking and recording vital signs; measuring and recording fluid intake/output; applying dressings; recognizing and reporting signs and symptoms of common diseases or conditions; administering treatments as directed by a physician or nurse.
- Assist patient with personal care which may include: bathing; mouth and skin care; grooming and dressing; toileting assistance; eating and hydration.
- Provide patients with help walking, exercising, and moving in and out of bed.
- Maintain unit supplies by stocking patient rooms and supply areas to meet patient care needs.
- Documents relevant patient care data
- May provide clerical support to the unit; doing order entry, chart processing, answering telephones, etc.
What you bring
- Accredited Program Required: Certified Nursing Assistant.
- Required : Certified Nurse Assistant - Washington.
- Required Upon Hire: Basic Life Support
- Patient handling no greater than 35 lbs. without the use of assistive equipment and/or devices (NIOSH).
- Fine motor skills to be able to grasp and control medical equipment and perform precise procedures.
- Push/Pull: Frequently up to 45 lbs. force (i.e., WOW, medical carts).
- Perform hands on CPR at least 20 mins using 100-125 lbs. of force (National Assoc. of EMS Physicians and AHA) Frequency should be seldom or occasionally.
- Ability to move around area with frequent sitting.
- Bending/ stooping/ squatting/ reaching/ kneeling frequently.
- Lifting (non-patient) up to 20 lbs. occasionally and 5 lbs. frequently.
- Exposure to biohazard, body fluids and airborne particles.
- Must be able to complete tasks in a noisy environment.
- Vision and hearing required within normal limits (glasses, contacts, hearing aids permitted).
- Ability to communicate and exchange accurate information.
For a full position description or for questions, please contact Vicki Greenwald: [email protected]
PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers: physical, emotional, financial, social, and spiritual. We offer caregivers a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical/dental/vision coverage; 403b retirement plan employer base and matching contributions; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buyup coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; wellness benefits, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.
PeaceHealth requires a completed Primary Vaccine Series (e.g., 2 dose monovalent Pfizer, Moderna or Novavax series or 1 dose J&J vaccine series) or be Up to Date (receiving the most recent Pfizer/Moderna bivalent vaccine/booster) for COVID-19 vaccination prior to their start date. PeaceHealth has a medical and religious exemption request process for those that are unable to receive the COVID-19 primary vaccine series due to medical/religious reasons. For caregivers that will be working in Oregon there is a personal vaccine exemption form that may be requested.