Surgical Technologist - Operating Room (NO WEEKENDS!)
Surgical Technologist - Operating Room for a Per Diem/Relief, 0.000001 FTE, Day position. Hourly compensation is $28.46 - $53.40 - hiring rate dependent on qualifications and professional experience.
A 25-bed critical access hospital, PeaceHealth United General Medical Center offers advanced treatment options and short hospital stays. Discover PeaceHealth United General Medical Center and what the beautiful community of Sedro-Woolley has to offer: https://peacehealth.culturehq.com/story/5793
This position is responsible for assisting the Surgical team during operative procedures by performing a variety of technical duties to primarily assist in responsibility for the preparation and maintenance of the surgical sterile field for the operative patient.
Details of the position
- Arrange and inventories sterile set-up for operation and passes items as needed to the surgical team.
- Understand and apply the principles of asepsis. Establish and maintain sterile field and assure team maintains sterile environment.
- Assist in preparation and moving of patients.
- Cleans, disinfects, and sterilizes instrumentation. Assists with clean-up and room turnover.
- Access computer information as needed, such as preference lists and digital images.
- Participates in all safety initiatives. Adheres to programs such as SCIP and SCOAP quality initiatives.
What you bring
- Accredited Program Preferred: Surgical Technology. or recognized course of training as a Surgical Technologist.
- Required : Surgical Technician - Washington (Washington Requirement).
- Required Upon Hire: Basic Life Support.
- Preferred : Certified Surgical Technologist.
- Patient handling no greater than 35 lbs. without the use of assistive equipment and/or devices (NIOSH).
- Fine motor skills to be able to grasp and control medical equipment and perform precise procedures.
- Ability to move around area with occasional sitting.
- Frequent reaching/ bending/ squatting/ kneeling/ grasping.
- Lift/Carry: Frequently up to 15 lbs. Occasionally up to 20 lbs.
- Push/Pull: Frequently up to 20 lbs. force. Occasional up to 30 lbs. force.
- Exposure to biohazard, body fluids and airborne particles.
- Exposure to toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Time spent on site in medical/hospital setting.
- Vision and hearing required within normal limits (glasses, contacts, hearing aids permitted).
- Ability to communicate and exchange accurate information.
See how PeaceHealth is committed toInclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For a full position description or for questions, please contact Vicki Greenwald: [email protected]
PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers. The benefits included in positions less than 0.5 FTE are 403b retirement plan for caregiver contributions; wellness benefits, discount program, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.
PeaceHealth requires a completed Primary Vaccine Series (e.g., 2 dose monovalent Pfizer, Moderna or Novavax series or 1 dose J&J vaccine series) or be Up to Date (receiving the most recent Pfizer/Moderna bivalent vaccine/booster) for COVID-19 vaccination prior to their start date. PeaceHealth has a medical and religious exemption request process for those that are unable to receive the COVID-19 primary vaccine series due to medical/religious reasons. For caregivers that will be working in Oregon there is a personal vaccine exemption form that may be requested.