Surgical Technologist - Operating Room (NO WEEKENDS!)
Surgical Technologist - Operating Room for a Per Diem/Relief, 0.00 FTE, Day position. The general salary range for this job opening at PeaceHealth is $28.46 – $53.40. The actual hiring rate is dependent upon several factors, including but not limited to, the job/position responsibilities, location, terms of the applicable collective bargaining agreement, education, training, work experience, seniority, work performance, etc.
A 25-bed critical access hospital, PeaceHealth United General Medical Center offers advanced treatment options and short hospital stays. Discover PeaceHealth United General Medical Center and what the beautiful community of Sedro-Woolley has to offer:https://peacehealth.culturehq.com/story/5793
This position is responsible for assisting the Surgical team during operative procedures by performing a variety of technical duties to primarily assist in responsibility for the preparation and maintenance of the surgical sterile field for the operative patient.
Details of the position
- Arrange and inventories sterile set-up for operation and passes items as needed to the surgical team.
- Understand and apply the principles of asepsis. Establish and maintain sterile field and assure team maintains sterile environment.
- Assist in preparation and moving of patients.
- Cleans, disinfects, and sterilizes instrumentation. Assists with clean-up and room turnover.
- Access computer information as needed, such as preference lists and digital images.
- Participates in all safety initiatives. Adheres to programs such as SCIP and SCOAP quality initiatives.
What you bring
- Graduate of an accredited Surgical Technology school or recognized course of training as a Surgical Technologist required.
- One year experience as Surgical Technologist in full service operating room preferred.
- Registered Surgical Technologist in WA required at date of hire
- CST (Certified Surgical Technologist) preferred.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Patient handling no greater than 35 lbs. without the use of assistive equipment and/or devices (NIOSH).
- Fine motor skills to be able to grasp and control medical equipment and perform precise procedures.
- Ability to move around area with occasional sitting.
- Frequent reaching/ bending/ squatting/ kneeling/ grasping.
- Lift/Carry: Frequently up to 15 lbs. Occasionally up to 20 lbs.
- Push/Pull: Frequently up to 20 lbs. force. Occasional up to 30 lbs. force.
- Exposure to biohazard, body fluids and airborne particles.
- Exposure to toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Time spent on site in medical/hospital setting.
- Vision and hearing required within normal limits (glasses, contacts, hearing aids permitted).
- Ability to communicate and exchange accurate information.
For a full position description or for questions, please contact Vicki Greenwald: [email protected]
PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers. The benefits included in positions less than 0.5 FTE are 403b retirement plan for caregiver contributions; wellness benefits, discount program, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.
PeaceHealth requires a completed Primary Vaccine Series (e.g., 2 dose monovalent Pfizer, Moderna or Novavax series or 1 dose J&J vaccine series) or be Up to Date (receiving the most recent Pfizer/Moderna bivalent vaccine/booster) for COVID-19 vaccination prior to their start date. PeaceHealth has a medical and religious exemption request process for those that are unable to receive the COVID-19 primary vaccine series due to medical/religious reasons. For caregivers that will be working in Oregon there is a personal vaccine exemption form that may be requested.