RN Clinic Lead
PeaceHealth is seeking a RN Clinic Lead for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day position.
The general salary range for this job opening at PeaceHealth is $45.09 – $69.68. The actual hiring rate is dependent upon several factors, including but not limited to, the job/position responsibilities, location, terms of the applicable collective bargaining agreement, education, training, work experience, seniority, work performance, etc.
*** Hiring Bonus & Relocation Assistance may be available! ***
The clinic is near one of Bellingham's newest parks. Caregivers can enjoy a nice lunchtime walk along the beautiful trails. The clinic also has a café in the building!
Spotlight on Bellingham, WA: CultureHQ.com - A Better Workplace Community
Bellingham, WA is the perfect blend of endless outdoor recreation, urban living, strong schools, great shopping & cuisine, and so much more! These amenities are surrounded by incredible scenery, from the sea to the mountains and the rainforest, making this community an amazing place to live. Acclaimed for its small-city flavor and the home of Western Washington University, Whatcom Community College and Bellingham Technical College, Bellingham has a robust art, music and cultural scene while boasting 65 miles of inner-urban trails to explore, pristine lakes, forests, saltwater beaches, and snow-covered peaks - there are unlimited opportunities for breathtaking hikes, relaxing camping trips, water activities, bird watching, snow sports, and scenic drives!
Responsible for coordinating the day-to-day functions for assigned area. Assists with ensuring that departmental goals are achieved, timelines are met and service excellence is provided in all aspects of work. Subject matter expert. Provides professional nursing care to patients in the clinic/outpatient setting in compliance with professional practice standards. Promotes a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach towards patients, families and all members of the care delivery team.
Details of the position:
- Assigns work; plans and manages priorities, provides technical assistance, oversees staff schedules, monitors quality of work, monitors team projects, mentors staff, provides constructive feedback; oversees staff training; ensures quality improvement; provides leadership feedback on staff performance; and assists with goal setting for the team.
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care needs. This includes but is not limited to assessing patient’s condition, triaging patient phone calls, counseling patients, providing patient education, taking patient histories, administering prescribed medications, changing dressings, cleaning wounds and monitoring patient vital signs.
- Documents patient care in the healthcare record according to established standards.
- Ensures own professional effectiveness through education and professional development.
- Participates in the development of and maintains established policies, procedures and objectives; quality improvement; safety; environmental and infection prevention programs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What you bring:
- Accredited School of Nursing Required.
- Minimum of 1 year Required: In the staff role (RN) that the caregiver will be lead over.
- Minimum of 2 years Preferred: In an outpatient clinic, with previous leadership experience.
- Required: Registered Nurse in state of practice.
- Required Upon Hire: Basic Life Support.
- Preferred: Advanced Cardiac Life Support.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs. (Required)
- Demonstrated ability to promote positive interpersonal relationships and patient/family centered work environment (Required)
- Proficiency with MS Office applications and related healthcare software systems in a clinic setting. (Required)
- Ability to provide health education to patients, staff and community (Required)
- Knowledge of Medicare and The Joint Commission regulations pertaining to ambulatory care (Required)
- Ability to balance information regarding patient needs, staff needs, and clinic needs in decision making and prioritization of work. (Required)
- Strong organizational, administrative, communication and problem-solving skills. (Required)
PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers: physical, emotional, financial, social, and spiritual. We offer caregivers a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical/dental/vision coverage; 403b retirement plan employer base and matching contributions; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buyup coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; wellness benefits, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For a full description of the position, or for questions, contact Purneet, [email protected]
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.
PeaceHealth requires a completed Primary Vaccine Series (e.g., 2 dose monovalent Pfizer, Moderna or Novavax series or 1 dose J&J vaccine series) or be Up to Date (receiving the most recent Pfizer/Moderna bivalent vaccine/booster) for COVID-19 vaccination prior to their start date. PeaceHealth has a medical and religious exemption request process for those that are unable to receive the COVID-19 primary vaccine series due to medical/religious reasons. For caregivers that will be working in Oregon there is a personal vaccine exemption form that may be requested.