Surgical Technologist - Operating Room-Cardiac Team
PeaceHealth is seeking a Surgical Technologist - Operating Room-Cardiac Team for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day position. The general salary range for this job opening at PeaceHealth is $26.80 – $53.50. The actual hiring rate is dependent upon several factors, including but not limited to, the job/position responsibilities, location, terms of the applicable collective bargaining agreement, education, training, work experience, seniority, work performance, etc.
PeaceHealth has been serving the communities of northwest Washington since 1890. PeaceHealth St. Joseph Medical Center is a 253-bed, two-campus hospital providing a Level II Trauma Center and a full range of inpatient and outpatient services. PeaceHealth's Whatcom Region also includes the comprehensive heart care services of the Cardiovascular Center at PeaceHealth St. Joseph Medical Center as well as the primary and specialty care provided by PeaceHealth Medical Group. Discover PeaceHealth St. Joseph Medical Center and the vibrant Bellingham community in this video! https://peacehealth.culturehq.com/story/5596
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
*** Hiring Bonus & Relocation Assistance May Be Available ***
Details of the position
- Arrange and inventories sterile set-up for operation and passes items as needed to the surgical team.
- Understand and apply the principles of asepsis. Establish and maintain sterile field and assure team maintains sterile environment.
- Assist in preparation and moving of patients.
- Cleans, disinfects, and sterilizes instrumentation. Assists with clean-up and room turnover.
- Access computer information as needed, such as preference lists and digital images.
- Participates in all safety initiatives. Adheres to programs such as SCIP and SCOAP quality initiatives.
What you bring
- Accredited Surgical Technology program preferred or recognized course of training as a Surgical Technologist.
- Required: Surgical Technician - Washington (Washington Requirement).
- Required Upon Hire: Basic Life Support.
- Preferred: Certified Surgical Technologist.
- Patient handling no greater than 35 lbs. without the use of assistive equipment and/or devices (NIOSH).
- Fine motor skills to be able to grasp and control medical equipment and perform precise procedures.
- Ability to move around area with occasional sitting.
- Frequent reaching/ bending/ squatting/ kneeling/ grasping.
- Lift/Carry: Frequently up to 15 lbs. Occasionally up to 20 lbs.
- Push/Pull: Frequently up to 20 lbs. force. Occasional up to 30 lbs. force.
- Exposure to biohazard, body fluids and airborne particles.
- Exposure to toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Time spent on site in medical/hospital setting.
- Vision and hearing required within normal limits (glasses, contacts, hearing aids permitted).
- Ability to communicate and exchange accurate information.
For a full position description or for questions, please contact Vicki Greenwald: firstname.lastname@example.org
PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers: physical, emotional, financial, social, and spiritual. We offer caregivers a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical/dental/vision coverage; 403b retirement plan employer base and matching contributions; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buyup coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; wellness benefits, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.
PeaceHealth requires a completed Primary Vaccine Series (e.g., 2 dose monovalent Pfizer, Moderna or Novavax series or 1 dose J&J vaccine series) or be Up to Date (receiving the most recent Pfizer/Moderna bivalent vaccine/booster) for COVID-19 vaccination prior to their start date. PeaceHealth has a medical and religious exemption request process for those that are unable to receive the COVID-19 primary vaccine series due to medical/religious reasons. For caregivers that will be working in Oregon there is a personal vaccine exemption form that may be requested.