PeaceHealth St. Joseph Medical Center in Bellingham, Washington is seeking a Radiology Technologist for a Part Time, 0.80 FTE, Variable position. The general salary range for this job opening at PeaceHealth is $33.14 – $55.84. The actual hiring rate is dependent upon several factors, including but not limited to, the job/position responsibilities, location, terms of the applicable collective bargaining agreement, education, training, work experience, seniority, work performance, etc.
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
Includes standby call and holiday rotation.
Prepares for and performs standard x-ray examinations and may perform fluoroscopic procedures. Performs portable examinations and may perform surgical x-ray procedures. Utilizes proper positioning and selection of appropriate technical factors using various radiographic equipment to obtain optimal results.
Details about this position:
- Prepare, supply, and equip exam room to meet the needs of requested examinations and to meet specific physician requirements for procedures.
- Organizes daily work schedule and performs related clerical duties as required.
- Integrates previous imaging studies, laboratory results, patient history and medical records to optimize exam.
- Perform most appropriate examination based on patient information through consultation with interpreting physician and/or ordering physician as necessary.
- Provides patient education and instruction prior to and after examination. Provide training/education to staff and students as indicated.
- Demonstrates ability to adapt exam to address problems of patient care as they arise making decisions to appropriately resolve problems.
- Performs x-ray examinations applying appropriate infection control and radiation safety measures.
- Applies ALARA principle to ensure appropriate radiation safety for self patient, and visitor. Evaluates patient for pregnancy prior to exam as indicated.
- May perform surgical x-ray examinations, will utilize appropriate radiation safety measures and adhering to AORN standards.
- Performs other patient care activities, duties and responsibilities as assigned consistent with Caregivers’ scope of practice, training, experience, and license/certification/registration.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What you bring:
- Accredited School Required: Radiologic Technology.
- Required: Demonstrated venipuncture competency
- PACS/RIS knowledge required; ImageCast/CareCast experience preferred
- ARRT-R certification required at hire
- Required : Radiology Technologist licensure- Washington
- Required Upon Hire: Basic Life Support
Relocating to Bellingham? Here are some reasons you will love it:
- Washington state has no state income tax.
- Bellingham's vibrant downtown beckons with a thriving arts scene, delicious local cuisine, and a friendly community spirit.
- Nestled against the stunning backdrop of the Cascade Mountains, Bellingham is a haven for outdoor enthusiasts. Kayak in the serene waters of Bellingham Bay, hike through lush forests, or bike along scenic trails--the possibilities are endless!
- Relocation assistance may be available
- Spotlight on Bellingham
PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers: physical, emotional, financial, social, and spiritual. We offer caregivers a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical/dental/vision coverage; 403b retirement plan employer base and matching contributions; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buyup coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; wellness benefits, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
For a complete description of this position, or for questions, contact Andrea, firstname.lastname@example.org.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.
PeaceHealth requires a completed Primary Vaccine Series (e.g., 2 dose monovalent Pfizer, Moderna or Novavax series or 1 dose J&J vaccine series) or be Up to Date (receiving the most recent Pfizer/Moderna bivalent vaccine/booster) for COVID-19 vaccination prior to their start date. PeaceHealth has a medical and religious exemption request process for those that are unable to receive the COVID-19 primary vaccine series due to medical/religious reasons. For caregivers that will be working in Oregon there is a personal vaccine exemption form that may be requested.