***Hiring Bonus and Relocation Assistance May Be Available***
You chose to work in healthcare because you want a fulfilling career that will make a difference in others’ lives. If you’re seeking a greater purpose—a mission-driven culture where your contributions are valued, where your voice is heard and where you’ll work alongside a team with a shared vision that every person will receive safe, compassionate care; every time, every touch—choose PeaceHealth!
PeaceHealth St. Joseph Medical Center in Bellingham, Washington is seeking a Cardiac Sonographer - Echocardiology for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day position. Hourly compensation is $40.81-$67.33 The actual hiring rate is dependent upon several factors, including but not limited to, the job/position responsibilities, location, terms of the applicable collective bargaining agreement, education, training, work experience, seniority, work performance, etc.
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
As a Cardiac Sonographer, you will be responsible for performing diagnostic and special procedures ultrasonography in accordance with established policies and procedures. Must use independent judgment in applying knowledge of clinical cardiology, acoustic imaging technology, and problem-solving skills to optimize the echocardiographic evaluation, tailoring and expanding the exam to ensure comprehensiveness and diagnostic accuracy.
Details about the position:
- Performs prescribed ultrasound procedures using a variety of equipment to get preliminary echocardiographic measurements. Must be competent at the performance of adult echocardiography, transesophageal echocardiography and contrast studies.
- Must follow department imaging protocols, appropriately acquire all echocardiographic measurements per protocol, create digital preliminary reports for the interpreting physician, and verbally communicate preliminary findings to the interpreting physician when necessary.
- Prepare, supply, and equip ultrasound rooms to meet specific cardiologist and physician requirements for procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What you bring:
Graduation from an accredited diagnostic ultrasound program required.
- One year experience as cardiac sonographer preferred.
- ARDMS or CCI eligibility, Registered Cardiac Sonographer (RCS) or Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (RDCS) is required; ARDMS PE or ADRMS AE may be considered if working with the specified patient care population and as approved by department leadership. New Graduates have one year to obtain registration, must be ARDMS eligible upon date of hire.
- Current American Heart Association BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at time of hire.
Relocating to Bellingham? Here are some reasons while you'll love it:
- No Washington state income tax
- Relocation assistance may be available
- Located just 90 minutes north of Seattle and 30 minutes south of British Columbia
- Endless outdoor recreation opportunities: head to Mt. Baker for a day in the snow, tour the San Juan Islands, hike the North Cascades
- Small-city feel blended with urban living, strong schools, and great shopping and cuisine
- Spotlight on Bellingham
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, WA, is a not-for-profit Catholic health system employing approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 1,200 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities in Washington, Oregon, Alaska. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, the legacy of its founding Sisters continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers: physical, emotional, financial, social, and spiritual. We offer caregivers a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical/dental/vision coverage; 403b retirement plan employer base and matching contributions; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buyup coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; wellness benefits, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
For a full description of this position or for questions, contact Andrea, firstname.lastname@example.org
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.
PeaceHealth requires a completed Primary Vaccine Series (e.g., 2 dose monovalent Pfizer, Moderna or Novavax series or 1 dose J&J vaccine series) or be Up to Date (receiving the most recent Pfizer/Moderna bivalent vaccine/booster) for COVID-19 vaccination prior to their start date. PeaceHealth has a medical and religious exemption request process for those that are unable to receive the COVID-19 primary vaccine series due to medical/religious reasons. For caregivers that will be working in Oregon there is a personal vaccine exemption form that may be requested.