Philanthropy Events Specialist - Foundation
PeaceHealth is seeking a Philanthropy Events Specialist - Foundation for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day position. The general salary range for this job opening at PeaceHealth is $26.80 – $40.20. The actual hiring rate is dependent upon several factors, including but not limited to, the job/position responsibilities, location, terms of the applicable collective bargaining agreement, education, training, work experience, seniority, work performance, etc.
Serves in a fundraising role for all of the acute and non-acute settings that sits within a PeaceHealth network with a focus on generating significant financial support to help meet the needs of PeaceHealth through special event fundraising; organizing hosted events; and in collaboration with the Annual Giving Officer, executing the annual caregiver campaigns at the local level.
The PeaceHealth philanthropy team has been recognized by the Association of Health Care Philanthropy as Overall Revenue High Performer, Overall Productivity High Performer, and Health System High Performer in the 2023 Report on Giving!
What you will enjoy:
- Partnering with volunteers, administrators, physicians, vendors, and corporate sponsors to maximize the financial return of the events while being an ambassador for PeaceHealth out in the community.
- Partnering with board members, physicians and volunteers to help organize and deliver hosted events.
- Developing budgets for Foundation special events and manages the event budgets.
- Serving as point person with event vendors, ensuring that the Foundation maintains strong relationships and negotiating cost-effective rates for goods and services.
- Participating in the development and execution of annual caregiver campaigns.
- Assuring that all documents and electronic and paper files related to all Foundation special events, fundraising activities and recognition events are appropriately created and maintained.
- Serving on committees as required.
What you will bring:
- Bachelor's Degree in Fundraising, Business Administration, Communications or Marketing or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in special events coordination or management.
- Certified Fund Raising Executive preferred.
- Demonstrated ability for a very high activity level in the field, strong initiative, and self-motivation.
- Demonstrated strong written and oral communication skills .
- Interpersonal skills to work effectively with hospital staff, physicians and other medical professionals, donors, volunteers, and the public.
- Ability to initiate programmatic activities independently, organize/set priorities, and complete work in a timely manner despite deadlines and competing requirements.
- Ability and willingness to be a team player and to adapt to changing priorities.
- Ability to embrace the fundraising ethics of compassion and PeaceHealth Mission.
- Highly proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office and donor databases (i.e. Raiser’s Edge) (Preferred)
- Ability to travel.
Department / Location Specific Notes
- Consistently operates computer and other office equipment.
- Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Sedentary work.
- Predominantly operates in an office environment.
- Some time spent on site in medical/hospital setting.
- Ability to communicate and exchange accurate information.
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading.
PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers: physical, emotional, financial, social, and spiritual. We offer caregivers a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical/dental/vision coverage; 403b retirement plan employer base and matching contributions; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buyup coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; wellness benefits, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.
PeaceHealth requires a completed Primary Vaccine Series (e.g., 2 dose monovalent Pfizer, Moderna or Novavax series or 1 dose J&J vaccine series) or be Up to Date (receiving the most recent Pfizer/Moderna bivalent vaccine/booster) for COVID-19 vaccination prior to their start date. PeaceHealth has a medical and religious exemption request process for those that are unable to receive the COVID-19 primary vaccine series due to medical/religious reasons. For caregivers that will be working in Oregon there is a personal vaccine exemption form that may be requested.