Central Supply Technician - Supply Chain
PeaceHealth is seeking a Central Supply Technician - Supply Chain for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day position. The general salary range for this job opening at PeaceHealth is $17.00 – $27.18. The actual hiring rate is dependent upon several factors, including but not limited to, the job/position responsibilities, location, terms of the applicable collective bargaining agreement, education, training, work experience, seniority, work performance, etc.
Responsible for cleaning equipment as well as distribution of equipment and supplies using clean technique standards according to AAMI. Monitors and orders non-stock and special orders supplies. Will perform receiving responsibilities as necessary.
- Responsible for the collection of contaminated equipment and instruments from floors.
- Re-stocking inventory and non stock supplies, performs monthly outdate process and documentation.
- Cleaning equipment and stores in a clean environment on floors.
- Clean and maintain department equipment, such as pumps, etc.
- Assembles some specialized trays for procedures and distributes them as appropriate.
- Ensures proper shelving labels are in place. Responsible for Par Management on assigned units.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma Preferred or equivalent
- Completion of or currently enrolled in a National Central Service Technician course preferred.
- Six months experience as a Central Service Technician preferred.
- Certified Registered Central Service Technician preferred.
- Basic computer skills including MS Office applications.
- Demonstrated proficiency in verbal and written communications.
- Ability to work independently and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to maintain numerical order of supplies.
Department / Location Specific Notes
UGMC: Not responsible for cleaning or distribution of equipment
- Buyer/Products Coord.: Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Consistently operates computer and other office equipment.
- Central Supply Tech/Inventory Clerk: Ability to move around area. Frequent lifting up to 50lbs. Occasionally manipulating up to 100lbs. with assistance, to transport and stock assigned supplies and materials. Occasional bending, stooping, and climbing, reaching .
- Predominantly operates in an office or warehouse/supply room environment.
- Ability to communicate and exchange accurate information.
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading.
PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers: physical, emotional, financial, social, and spiritual. We offer caregivers a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical/dental/vision coverage; 403b retirement plan employer base and matching contributions; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buyup coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; wellness benefits, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.
PeaceHealth requires a completed Primary Vaccine Series (e.g., 2 dose monovalent Pfizer, Moderna or Novavax series or 1 dose J&J vaccine series) or be Up to Date (receiving the most recent Pfizer/Moderna bivalent vaccine/booster) for COVID-19 vaccination prior to their start date. PeaceHealth has a medical and religious exemption request process for those that are unable to receive the COVID-19 primary vaccine series due to medical/religious reasons. For caregivers that will be working in Oregon there is a personal vaccine exemption form that may be requested.