Radiation Oncologist - per diem
PeaceHealth is seeking an experienced, BC Radiation Oncologist to provide coverage 2-3 days per week due to increased volumes and potentially to assist when full-time Radiation Oncologists are on leave due to vacations.
Join a compassionate and collegial team in a beautiful 35,000 sq. ft. comprehensive CoC accredited cancer center. The minute you walk through the doors, you have the feeling of entering a healing atmosphere.
Position will involve seeing 3-4 patients per day with contouring and patient care; seeing a majority of prostate and breast but could also do lungs.
What you'll love about the opportunity
- Growing program with a focus on delivering regional cancer care with a standardization of treatment
- 3 Radiation Oncologists, 2.5 Medical Physicists, 2.5 Dosimetrists, 5 Medical Oncologists, 2 PAs, 1 NP
- OCN certified nursing staff, nurse navigators, social workers, nutritionists, financial counselors and spiritual support personnel onsite
- 2 linear accelerators (TrueBeam with Hyper Arc), CT Sim on-site. IMRT, AGRT, SBRT, SRS, LDR/HDR. Brachytherapy.
- Epic EMR, Aria and Eclipse
- Active clinical trials
- Tumor Boards
- Complementary therapies including yoga, massage, art, pet, and meditation
- Schedule that supports PeaceHealth’s commitment to Clinician well-being
- Part of a large multidisciplinary medical group with strong referral base.
Position is paid at $284.23/hour and includes medical malpractice coverage with tail coverage. Potential for travel/accommodation allotment and Washington state medical license reimbursement.
Bellingham, Washington is the perfect blend of endless outdoor recreation, urban living, strong schools, great shopping & cuisine, and so much more! These amenities are surrounded by incredible scenery, from the sea to the mountains and the rainforest, making this community an amazing place to live. Sedro-Woolley is a quick 22-minute drive south of Bellingham, a 60-minute drive to Seattle, WA and a 90-minute drive to Vancouver, British Columbia.
If this opportunity resonates with you, please reach out:
Kim Dianich, Sr. Provider Recruiter / KDianich@peacehealth.org / 360-729-1409
PeaceHealth has been serving the communities of northwest Washington since 1890 with PeaceHealth St. Joseph Medical Center, now a 253-bed, two-campus hospital providing a Level II Trauma Center and a full range of inpatient and outpatient services. PeaceHealth's Whatcom Region also includes the comprehensive heart care services of the Cardiovascular Center at PeaceHealth St. Joseph Medical Center as well as the primary and specialty care provided by PeaceHealth Medical Group.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.