Home Health Aide
PeaceHealth is seeking a Home Health Aide for a Per Diem/Relief, 0.00 FTE, Day position. The general salary range for this job opening at PeaceHealth is $16.64 – $30.05. The actual hiring rate is dependent upon several factors, including but not limited to, the job/position responsibilities, location, terms of the applicable collective bargaining agreement, education, training, work experience, seniority, work performance, etc.
Hiring bonus and relocation assistance may be available.
This position is responsible for performing personal care and household delegated tasks for home health/hospice patients and providing limited nursing care and therapy services to the patients under the clinical supervision of a registered nurse and may receive guidance from a physical therapist, occupational therapist or speech therapist as outlined in the Home Health Aide Care Plan.
DETAILS OF THE POSITION:
- Perform patient care duties/tasks as outlined on the patient specific home health/hospice care plan.
- Perform basic technical skills which may include: CPR; taking and recording vital signs; change non-sterile dressings; measuring and recording fluid intake/output; assist patient with taking oral medications as directed by the physician or nurse.
- Assist patient with personal care which may including: bathing; mouth and skin care; grooming and dressing; assistance with bed pans and/or urinals; eating and hydration.
- Provide patients with help walking, exercising and moving in and out of bed. May assist with use of special equipment (i.e. walker, wheelchair, cane).
- Assist with meal preparations and/or feeding, change bed linen and perform light housekeeping when outlined on the patient’s care plan.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- A minimum of two years CNA and or Home Health Aide experience in a nursing home, hospital or home care setting required. Home Health experience is preferred or will orient to point of competency.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Valid driver’s license (OR, WA or AK as applicable) and proof of auto insurance required.
PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers. The benefits included in positions less than 0.5 FTE are 403b retirement plan for caregiver contributions; wellness benefits, discount program, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.
PeaceHealth requires a completed Primary Vaccine Series (e.g., 2 dose monovalent Pfizer, Moderna or Novavax series or 1 dose J&J vaccine series) or be Up to Date (receiving the most recent Pfizer/Moderna bivalent vaccine/booster) for COVID-19 vaccination prior to their start date. PeaceHealth has a medical and religious exemption request process for those that are unable to receive the COVID-19 primary vaccine series due to medical/religious reasons. For caregivers that will be working in Oregon there is a personal vaccine exemption form that may be requested.