Dosimetrist - Radiation Therapy
PeaceHealth St. Joseph Cancer Center in Bellingham, Washington is seeking a Dosimetrist - Radiation Therapy for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day position. The general salary range for this job opening at PeaceHealth is $63.20 – $94.80. The actual hiring rate is dependent upon several factors, including but not limited to, the job/position responsibilities, location, terms of the applicable collective bargaining agreement, education, training, work experience, seniority, work performance, etc.
Uses computerized treatment planning system and imaging technologies to create individualized, safe and efficient treatment plans for patients. Uses CT scanner and accessories to perform treatment simulations.
This position will be scheduled at PeaceHealth St. Joseph Cancer Center in Bellingham, as well as PeaceHealth United General Cancer Center in nearby Sedro Wooley, Washington, and will also work remotely 1 day per week.
Details about the position:
- Schedules and coordinates activities to ensure a treatment plan is prepared, documented and approved for each patient in a timely manner.
- Accesses, imports and/or fuses various imaging studies on PACS and within the department as needed for treatment planning.
- Creates a reassuring and respectful care experience, with attention to the comfort of each patient. Educates the patient and explains all procedures.
- Competently operates CT scanner and employs optimal patient positioning to efficiently and effectively perform treatment simulations.
- Safely administers non-IV contrast agents per protocol and performs sterile bladder instillations when ordered by physician for simulation procedures.
- Checks prescription and medical record for all necessary information to guide the simulation and treatment planning process.
- Designs a treatment plan by means of computer and/or manual computation that will deliver a prescribed radiation dose and field placement technique in accordance with the Radiation Oncologist’s prescription to a defined tumor volume. Consults with physician and physicist as needed to optimize the plan for each course of treatment.
- Performs calculations for the accurate delivery of the Radiation Oncologist’s prescribed dose; documents all pertinent information in the patient record, and verifies the mathematical accuracy of all calculations.
- Ensures that treatment plan can be effectively administered by Radiation Therapists. Assists with initial setup upon request.
- May provide coverage for all duties of the Radiation Therapist to administer prescribed radiation therapy to pediatric and adult inpatients and outpatients.
- Reviews therapy charts to ensure all chargeable services are correctly documented and reported for billing.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What you bring (required unless otherwise stated):
- Graduate of an AMA-accredited school of Radiation Technology
- Minimum of 2 years radiation therapy experience required, with demonstrated competency in simulation
- CT experience preferred
- Required Upon Hire: Certified Medical Dosimetrist
- Required Upon Hire: Basic Life Support
- Preferred : ARRT - Radiation Therapy
- Knowledge of radiation safety
- Excellent interpersonal skills and team orientation
- Personal warmth and compassion
Relocating to Bellingham? Here are some reasons while you'll love it:
- No Washington state income tax
- Relocation assistance may be available
- Located just 90 minutes north of Seattle and 30 minutes south of British Columbia
- Endless outdoor recreation opportunities: head to Mt. Baker for a day in the snow, tour the San Juan Islands, hike the North Cascades
- Small-city feel blended with urban living, strong schools, and great shopping and cuisine
- Spotlight on Bellingham
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, WA, is a not-for-profit Catholic health system employing approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 1,200 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities in Washington, Oregon, Alaska. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, the legacy of its founding Sisters continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers: physical, emotional, financial, social, and spiritual. We offer caregivers a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical/dental/vision coverage; 403b retirement plan employer base and matching contributions; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buyup coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; wellness benefits, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
For a complete description of this position, or for questions, contact Andrea, firstname.lastname@example.org.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.
PeaceHealth requires a completed Primary Vaccine Series (e.g., 2 dose monovalent Pfizer, Moderna or Novavax series or 1 dose J&J vaccine series) or be Up to Date (receiving the most recent Pfizer/Moderna bivalent vaccine/booster) for COVID-19 vaccination prior to their start date. PeaceHealth has a medical and religious exemption request process for those that are unable to receive the COVID-19 primary vaccine series due to medical/religious reasons. For caregivers that will be working in Oregon there is a personal vaccine exemption form that may be requested.