Medical Assistant Lead - OB GYN
PeaceHealth is seeking a Medical Assistant Lead - OB GYN for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day position.
The general salary range for this job opening at PeaceHealth is $24.16 – $33.91. The actual hiring rate is dependent upon several factors, including but not limited to, the job/position responsibilities, location, terms of the applicable collective bargaining agreement, education, training, work experience, seniority, work performance, etc.
*** Hiring Bonus & Relocation Assistance may be available! ***
This clinic is across one of Bellingham's newest parks. Caregivers can enjoy a nice lunchtime walk along the beautiful trails. Cordata Café is just a quick walk over in the Cordata Main building!
Spotlight on Bellingham, WA: CultureHQ.com - A Better Workplace Community
Bellingham, WA is the perfect blend of endless outdoor recreation, urban living, strong schools, great shopping & cuisine, and so much more! These amenities are surrounded by incredible scenery, from the sea to the mountains and the rainforest, making this community an amazing place to live. Acclaimed for its small-city flavor and the home of Western Washington University, Whatcom Community College and Bellingham Technical College, Bellingham has a robust art, music and cultural scene while boasting 65 miles of inner-urban trails to explore, pristine lakes, forests, saltwater beaches, and snow-covered peaks - there are unlimited opportunities for breathtaking hikes, relaxing camping trips, water activities, bird watching, snow sports, and scenic drives!
Responsible for coordinating the day-to-day functions for assigned area. Assists with ensuring that departmental goals are achieved, timelines are met and service excellence is provided in all aspects of work. Subject matter expert. In collaboration with the healthcare team, assists physicians/providers in the delivery of patient care working within the scope of practice for a Medical Assistant.
Details of the position:
- Assigns work; plans and manages priorities; provides technical assistance; oversees staff schedules; monitors quality of work; monitors team projects; mentors staff; provides constructive feedback to supervisor/manager on issues impacting clinic performance and caregiver effectiveness; oversees staff training; ensures quality improvement and participate in process improvement initiatives as requested; supports strategic initiatives as requested; provides leadership feedback on staff performance; and assists with goal setting for team.
- Prepares patients for examination and treatment. Takes and records patient history and vital signs.
- Prepares exam and treatment rooms; select, setup and maintain medical supplies and equipment for all examinations and procedures.
- Gives injections, applies splints and dressings, and facilitates simple wound management under provider orders.
- Prepares and maintains supplies and equipment for treatments, including sterilization.
- May transport specimens.
- May assist in scheduling patients for tests, initial and follow up appointments. May coordinate in patient and out patient referrals.
- May maintain patient files, records, and other information including entry of data into electronic medical record.
- May provide phone screening of patient to appropriate clinical staff and/or physician.
- Collaborates with a variety of personnel and departments to ensure smooth clinic operations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What you bring:
- Accredited Program Required: Medical Assistant or
- Accredited Program Required: Medical Office Assistant that allows caregiver to sit for the MOA certification exam will be considered (e.g. associate degree in Allied Health).
- Minimum of 2 years Required: as a Medical Assistant, Medical Office Assistant or performing like type work and
- Preferred: Experience in leading and training
- State of Washington Medical Assistant –certified licensure required.
- Medical Assistant National certification or National Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) preferred.
- Required Upon Hire: Current Medical Assistant State licensure/certification required (if applicable based on State where caregivers work). The following are acceptable in meeting the requirement:
- Certified Medical Assistant through the American Association of Medical Assistants AAMA; Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) through the American Medical Technologists (AMT); Clinical Medical Assistant certification through the National Health Career Associates (NHA); National Certified Medical Assistant through the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT); Clinical Medical Assistant Certification (CMAC) administered by the American Medical Certification Association (AMCA); Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) through American Allied Health (AAH); Nationally Registered Certified Medical Assistant administered by the National Association for Health Professionals (NAHPUSA).
- Required Upon Hire: Basic Life Support.
- Familiarity with desktop computing tools, multi-line phone systems and insurance billing preferred. Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs. (Required)
- Ability to maintain patient privacy and confidentiality. (Required)
- Ability to collaborate with other multi-disciplinary team members. (Required)
- Proficiency in the use of computer and office equipment. (Required)
- Ability to efficiently manage time and prioritize multiple tasks. (Required)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. (Required)
- Understand the principles of asepsis. (Required)
PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers: physical, emotional, financial, social, and spiritual. We offer caregivers a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical/dental/vision coverage; 403b retirement plan employer base and matching contributions; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buyup coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; wellness benefits, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For a full description or questions, contact Purneet, PRandeo@peacehealth.org
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.
PeaceHealth requires a completed Primary Vaccine Series (e.g., 2 dose monovalent Pfizer, Moderna or Novavax series or 1 dose J&J vaccine series) or be Up to Date (receiving the most recent Pfizer/Moderna bivalent vaccine/booster) for COVID-19 vaccination prior to their start date. PeaceHealth has a medical and religious exemption request process for those that are unable to receive the COVID-19 primary vaccine series due to medical/religious reasons. For caregivers that will be working in Oregon there is a personal vaccine exemption form that may be requested.