Occupational Therapist - Home Health
PeaceHealth Home Health in Bellingham, WA is seeking an Occupational Therapist for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day position. The general salary range for this job opening at PeaceHealth is $41.20 – $61.80. The actual hiring rate is dependent upon several factors, including but not limited to, the job/position responsibilities, location, terms of the applicable collective bargaining agreement, education, training, work experience, seniority, work performance, etc.
**Hiring bonus and relocation assistance may be available**
Responsible for the evaluation of patients, determining plan of care and goals of treatment, participating in treatment of patients participating in treatment of patients within the scope of Occupational Therapy. May provide oversight to therapy assistants and/or students in following the plan-of-care and treatment of patients appropriate to the age of the patient served; may provide supervision to therapy aides and/or volunteers. Works collaboratively as a part of a patient care team toward the best outcomes for patients.
Details of position:
- Evaluates assigned patients and establishes a treatment plan and goals, using data from a variety of sources, such as patient records, interviews, observation and team members.
- Completes patient treatment according to plan of care and modifies plan to meet patient needs, and updates plan as appropriate.
- Completes documentation accurately, timely, according to regulatory and state licensure requirements, and within professional standards.
- Collaborates with other healthcare professionals as necessary to ensure smooth continuous care of the patients. May act as a liaison with nursing, medical and other therapy staffs to facilitate problem solving and coordination of other services and act as an educational resource.
- May mentor and provide oversight to new caregivers, occupational therapy assistants, and/or therapy aides. May provide clinical instruction and training to students.
- May recommend and participate in development of new services and programs, quality improvement and monitoring activities.
- Maintains appropriate clinical records.
What you bring:
- Required: Bachelor's, Master's or Doctorate Degree: Occupational Therapy accredited by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education
- Preferred: One year experience as an Occupational Therapist
- Required: Occupational Therapist license State of Washington
- Required Upon Hire: Basic Life Support through American Heart Association or American Red Cross
- Preferred: Home Health experience
- Required: Valid driver’s license and proof of auto insurance.
PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers: physical, emotional, financial, social, and spiritual. We offer caregivers a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical/dental/vision coverage; 403b retirement plan employer base and matching contributions; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buyup coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; wellness benefits, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.
PeaceHealth requires a completed Primary Vaccine Series (e.g., 2 dose monovalent Pfizer, Moderna or Novavax series or 1 dose J&J vaccine series) or be Up to Date (receiving the most recent Pfizer/Moderna bivalent vaccine/booster) for COVID-19 vaccination prior to their start date. PeaceHealth has a medical and religious exemption request process for those that are unable to receive the COVID-19 primary vaccine series due to medical/religious reasons. For caregivers that will be working in Oregon there is a personal vaccine exemption form that may be requested.