PeaceHealth is seeking a Quality Specialist for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day position. The general salary range for this job opening at PeaceHealth is $26.80 – $40.20. The actual hiring rate is dependent upon several factors, including but not limited to, the job/position responsibilities, location, terms of the applicable collective bargaining agreement, education, training, work experience, seniority, work performance, etc.
Supports quality improvement initiatives within their assigned community. Ensures deadlines are met and projects are brought to successful completion. Assists in the planning, organization, and execution of quality improvement work. Engages with the analytics environment to support data driven decision making.
- Supports Quality Management System by assisting with internal auditing, observation of process, process mapping, and development of preventive and corrective action plans.
- Provides support and coordination for Quality Management Committees and other quality committees as assigned. Coordinates reporting calendars to meet regulatory requirements.
- Supports ad hoc Incident Command and regulatory activities, inclusive of collection and aggregation of data for public reporting, labor pool, and other duties as assigned.
- Coordinates department reporting functions by collecting and distributing information pulled from data sources and assists with design of data collection plans for key metrics and performance indicators.
- Coordinates review of requests for clarification and quality improvement concerns. Ensures appropriate delegation to achieve timely response.
- Participates in the development, implementation, and administration of improvement initiatives, serving as partner with customers in analysis and display of outcomes.
- Designs and develops tracking documents to facilitate workflow for completion of assignments/projects using multiple computer applications and web-based tools.
- Plans, coordinates and facilitates support for quality, safety, and operational improvement initiatives managed within the department.
- Acts as resource to caregivers and management in project issues by providing data display, analysis, and access.
- Provides administrative support for leadership to facilitate the operation of the department in accordance with approved regulatory, quality and department standards.
- Partners with Patient Safety by maintaining calendar and assessing compliance with on-call requirements, escalating as needed to Patient Safety leadership. Participates in the Safety STOP program. Coordinates the on-call calendar.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What you bring:
- Bachelor's Degree Required OR equivalent knowledge and skills obtained through a combination of education, training and experience that provides the caregiver with the ability to perform the job
- Minimum of 5 years related project coordination or project management experience required.
- Healthcare experience preferred.
- Excellent computer skills including web-based applications and Microsoft Office applications: Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Word.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent judgment in solving problems of a difficult procedural or technical nature.
- Excellent service orientation with both internal and external clients and a consistent commitment and ability to work with diverse work groups and individuals in a healing and compassionate manner.
- Professional demeanor and ability to perform under pressure.
- Basic knowledge of methods and techniques of data collection and report preparation; ability to mine data and translate accurately.
- Basic knowledge of quality improvement methodology.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Department / Location Specific Notes
Shared Services Center-Quality & Improvement: May be requested to document specific project tracking information on patients within CareConnect.
- Consistently operates computer and other office equipment.
- Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Sedentary work.
- Predominantly operates in an office environment.
- Some time spent on site in medical/hospital setting.
- Ability to communicate and exchange accurate information.
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading.
PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers: physical, emotional, financial, social, and spiritual. We offer caregivers a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical/dental/vision coverage; 403b retirement plan employer base and matching contributions; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buyup coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; wellness benefits, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.
PeaceHealth requires a completed Primary Vaccine Series (e.g., 2 dose monovalent Pfizer, Moderna or Novavax series or 1 dose J&J vaccine series) or be Up to Date (receiving the most recent Pfizer/Moderna bivalent vaccine/booster) for COVID-19 vaccination prior to their start date. PeaceHealth has a medical and religious exemption request process for those that are unable to receive the COVID-19 primary vaccine series due to medical/religious reasons. For caregivers that will be working in Oregon there is a personal vaccine exemption form that may be requested.