Prescription Refill Coord - Pharmacy Refill Administration
PeaceHealth is seeking a Prescription Refill Coord - Pharmacy Refill Administration for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day position. The general salary range for this job opening at PeaceHealth is $17.00 – $24.96. The actual hiring rate is dependent upon several factors, including but not limited to, the job/position responsibilities, location, terms of the applicable collective bargaining agreement, education, training, work experience, seniority, work performance, etc.
Responsible for receiving and preparing routine prescription refill requests for provider review. May also be responsible for management of prescription assistance program applications; working closely with team members to ensure optimum utilization and cost containment. Provides clerical support and assistance to staff.
DETAILS OF THE POSITION:
- Receives faxed and Electronic Medical Record prescription refill requests. May include controlled and/or non-controlled medications. Research and documents information required for the provider to make an informed decision to approve or deny the refill request.
- Oversees the data entry and completion of prescription refill forms/notifications. Ensures requests are entered within 72 business hours of receipt.
- May obtain insurance pre-authorization for patients and reauthorization of medication and additional treatment. Ensures insurance carrier documentation requirements are met and refill support documentation is filed in patient’s medical record.
- Efficiently manages correspondence with patients, physicians, specialists, insurance companies. Documents pertinent information on appropriate form and/or in medical record. May notify patients of overdue office visit and necessary screenings per refill protocol through written communication.
- May assist with identifying and assisting patients with applying for prescription assistance programs. Communicates with third party payers to assure coverage of patient care.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- High School Diploma Preferred or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years Required: Experience working with insurance in a medical related field, or other related experience.
- Preferred: Experience with EMR (Electronic Medical Record).
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office applications as well as other applicable computer programs.
- Knowledge of appropriate release of patient records.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to manage a high volume of tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Basic knowledge of office procedures.
- Ability to read, understand and follow oral/written instructions.
- Ability to sort and file materials correctly by alpha or numeric systems.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships in a team environment.
- Ability to plan and prioritize task.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with staff, providers, patients and families.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service.
PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers: physical, emotional, financial, social, and spiritual. We offer caregivers a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical/dental/vision coverage; 403b retirement plan employer base and matching contributions; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buyup coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; wellness benefits, and expanded EAP and mental health programs.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.
PeaceHealth requires a completed Primary Vaccine Series (e.g., 2 dose monovalent Pfizer, Moderna or Novavax series or 1 dose J&J vaccine series) or be Up to Date (receiving the most recent Pfizer/Moderna bivalent vaccine/booster) for COVID-19 vaccination prior to their start date. PeaceHealth has a medical and religious exemption request process for those that are unable to receive the COVID-19 primary vaccine series due to medical/religious reasons. For caregivers that will be working in Oregon there is a personal vaccine exemption form that may be requested.