Endoscopy Technician - Endoscopy Outpatient Lab
PeaceHealth is seeking an Endoscopy Technician for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Variable position.
The general salary range for this job opening at PeaceHealth is $17.65 – $32.50. The actual hiring rate is dependent upon several factors, including but not limited to, the job/position responsibilities, location, terms of the applicable collective bargaining agreement, education, training, work experience, seniority, work performance, etc.
Spotlight on Bellingham, WA: CultureHQ.com - A Better Workplace Community
Bellingham, WA is the perfect blend of endless outdoor recreation, urban living, strong schools, great shopping & cuisine, and so much more! These amenities are surrounded by incredible scenery, from the sea to the mountains and the rainforest, making this community an amazing place to live. Acclaimed for its small-city flavor and the home of Western Washington University, Whatcom Community College and Bellingham Technical College, Bellingham has a robust art, music and cultural scene while boasting 65 miles of inner-urban trails to explore, pristine lakes, forests, saltwater beaches, and snow-covered peaks - there are unlimited opportunities for breathtaking hikes, relaxing camping trips, water activities, bird watching, snow sports, and scenic drives!
This position is responsible for providing direct patient care and technical support services during endoscopic procedures in working within their scope of certification and in compliance with hospital and departmental policies, procedures and guidelines.
Details of the position:
- Assist effectively and independently on all cases as assigned.
- Work collaboratively with RN, Charge Nurse, surgical techs and physicians to ensure delivery of exceptional patient care.
- Coordinate the set-up and turnover of the procedure room.
- Care for and trouble shoot equipment and accessories.
- Work with other healthcare team members to meet patient satisfaction and departmental targets.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What you bring:
- Accredited Program Required: Certified Nursing Assistant, or
- Accredited Program Required: Medical Assistant.
- Minimum of 1 year preferred as a CNA in an acute care facility or as a Medical Assistant in an endoscopy unit.
- Required: Demonstrated competence in the role of assistant to nurses and physicians.
- Required: Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- Required within 6 months: Certified Nurse Assistant - Washington, or
- Required within 6 months: National Certified Medical Assistant.
- Required Upon Hire: Basic Life Support.
- Basic computer/keyboarding skills, including MS Office applications (Required)
- Well organized, flexible and able to function effectively and independently as assigned (Required)
Department / Location Specific Notes
Oregon West Network and Northwest Networks (including PHMG):
- Completion of CNA or Medical Assistant program preferred.
- Previous CNA or Medical Assistant experience preferred.
- Minimum of 6 months direct patient care required.
- Specialized training, education, and/or experience in endoscopic, surgical or applicable diagnostic/therapeutic procedural support including aseptic technique may be considered in lieu of other education or experience requirements listed.
- If CNA, obtaining a SGNA GI Technical Specialist certification is required within 1 year after hire date. If MA, SGNA GI Technical Specialist certification within 1 year of hire is preferred but not required.
PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers: physical, emotional, financial, social, and spiritual. We offer caregivers a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical/dental/vision coverage; 403b retirement plan employer base and matching contributions; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buyup coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; wellness benefits, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For a full description or for questions about the position, please contact Purneet, email@example.com
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.
PeaceHealth requires a completed Primary Vaccine Series (e.g., 2 dose monovalent Pfizer, Moderna or Novavax series or 1 dose J&J vaccine series) or be Up to Date (receiving the most recent Pfizer/Moderna bivalent vaccine/booster) for COVID-19 vaccination prior to their start date. PeaceHealth has a medical and religious exemption request process for those that are unable to receive the COVID-19 primary vaccine series due to medical/religious reasons. For caregivers that will be working in Oregon there is a personal vaccine exemption form that may be requested.