Food Service Assistant - Nutrition Services
PeaceHealth is seeking a Food Service Assistant - Nutrition Services for a Per Diem/Relief, 0.00 FTE, Day position. The general salary range for this job opening at PeaceHealth is $18.67 – $27.99. The actual hiring rate is dependent upon several factors, including but not limited to, the job/position responsibilities, location, terms of the applicable collective bargaining agreement, education, training, work experience, seniority, work performance, etc.
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
This position is responsible for performing a variety of tasks which includes preparation, service, clean-up and delivery of food products in support of hospital food and catering service operations using HACCP guidelines for safe food handling.
- Prepare, mix, assemble, portion, serve and store food following applicable guidelines.
- Operate dish machine, wash pots and perform heavy cleaning duties following safety and sanitation guidelines.
- Transport equipment, food, supplies and trash as directed.
- May act as cafeteria cashier/running the cash register
- Follow guidelines for assigned station set-up and clean-up.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma Preferred: or equivalent
- Minimum of 1 year Preferred: Previous work experience and
- Preferred: Retail food service experience
- Required: Food Handlers Card - Washington
- Strong customer service skills (Required)
- Knowledge and understanding of proper food handling and sanitation (Required)
- Ability to work well with others (Required)
- Ability to effectively communicate in order to effectively and safely perform the functions of this role (Required)
- Cooks: Continuous moving around area. Lifting: Frequent up to 22 lbs. Occasional up to 50 lbs. Occasional carrying up to 20 lbs. Frequent reaching/ bending/ stooping/ grasping. Occasional squatting/kneeling. Frequent pushing/pulling 14 lbs. sustained force with frequent stop/start. Occasional repetitive push/pull (scrubbing grill/oven).
- Diet Rep/Aide: Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Consistently operates computer and other office equipment.
- Food service asst.: Continuous moving around area. Lifting: Frequent up to 12 lbs. Occasional up to 44 lbs. Occasional carrying up to 25 lbs. Frequent reaching/ bending/ stooping, grasping. Occasional squatting/kneeling. Frequent pushing/pulling 30 lbs. sustained force with frequent stop/start.
- Stores Coord Asst: Continuous moving around area. Lifting: Frequent up to 50 lbs. Occasional up to 35 lbs. Frequent reaching/ bending/ stooping/ grasping. Occasional squatting/kneeling .
- Must be able to complete tasks in a noisy environment.
- Working near/around heated surfaces (oven).
- Working near/around water/liquid.
- Vision and hearing required within normal limits (glasses, contacts, hearing aids permitted).
- Ability to communicate and exchange accurate information.
PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers. The benefits included in positions less than 0.5 FTE are 403b retirement plan for caregiver contributions; wellness benefits, discount program, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.
PeaceHealth requires a completed Primary Vaccine Series (e.g., 2 dose monovalent Pfizer, Moderna or Novavax series or 1 dose J&J vaccine series) or be Up to Date (receiving the most recent Pfizer/Moderna bivalent vaccine/booster) for COVID-19 vaccination prior to their start date. PeaceHealth has a medical and religious exemption request process for those that are unable to receive the COVID-19 primary vaccine series due to medical/religious reasons. For caregivers that will be working in Oregon there is a personal vaccine exemption form that may be requested.