PeaceHealth in Bellingham, WA is seeking an experienced GYN physician to support consistent Gynecology care and full scope Gyn procedures in the community
- Board Certified MD/DO with at least one year of post-training experience
- Must be comfortable in the OR for this surgery-heavy position that also supports wellness exams and surgical consults in clinic
- Experience in pelvic prolapse and uro-gynecology a bonus
- Established, well-functioning provider team of 10 OBGYN physicians, 7 CNMs and 3 NPs and a robust support staff
- 4.5 day/week schedule/combination of OR and clinic
- 1 day in the OR / 3.5 days in clinic
- PAs available to assist with surgeries and rounding
- Clinic Hours are 8:00am-5:00pm Monday-Friday / Surgery days start at 7:30am
- 18-25 patients per day in clinic
- No OB / No OB call - potential for Gyn-only ED call in the future
- DaVinci Robot available
- A focus on minimally invasive surgery appreciated
- Epic EHR
Bellingham, WA is the perfect blend of endless outdoor recreation, urban living, strong schools, great shopping & cuisine, and so much more! Head to Mount Baker for a day in the snow. Tour the San Juan Islands by sea kayak or sailboat. Trek the North Cascades on foot. Stay in town to explore the shops and cafes of historic Fairhaven and Downtown and then catch a show at Mount Baker Theater – you can do it all in Bellingham!
PeaceHealth has been serving the communities of northwest Washington since 1890 with PeaceHealth St. Joseph Medical Center, now a 253-bed, two-campus hospital providing a Level II Trauma Center and a full range of inpatient and outpatient services. PeaceHealth's Whatcom Region also includes the comprehensive heart care services of the Cardiovascular Center at PeaceHealth St. Joseph Medical Center as well as the primary and specialty care provided by PeaceHealth Medical Group.
- Guaranteed first-year income: $275,116.00
- Employment Bonus
- Relocation stipend based on miles between locations
- Education Loan Reimbursement program (if applicable and eligible)
- Robust Clinician Wellness Program
- CME: up to $3,300 per calendar year for CME and/or professional dues/fees (based on 1.0 FTE; prorated for lower FTE)
- Comprehensive Benefit package including Medical /Dental / Vision / Disability / Life / Wellness / Retirement
Contact: Sharon Thompson, Physician & Provider Recruiter / SThompson1@peacehealth.org
Demonstrates compassion, respect and caring while working within the scope of practice of Physician to provide safe and efficient care to patients and assistance to their families and visitors. Works collaboratively with all other healthcare team members toward the best outcomes for the patient and the organization. Provides professional services to the hospital and its patients.
- Practice of medicine within the scope of license, training and credentialing.
- Practice of medicine in accordance with the current standards of care as well as the quality criteria adopted by the clinic.
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate individual patient care appropriate to the age of patients served by demonstrating knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Accredited School of Medicine Required
- Required: Completion of Internship/Residency Program in area of specialty
- Required: Computer experience
- Required : Licensed to practice as a physician in the State, and board certified or board eligible and
- Required : Drug Enforcement Admin Federal Number and
- Required : Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Demonstrated expertise in clinical management of patients. (Required)
- Maintains current knowledge and skills with continuing education. (Required)
- Must meet all training requirements for specific department. (Required)
- Able to work varied hours; rigorous on-call and call-back schedule. (Required)
- Must not be a practitioner excluded from participation in the Medicare or Medicaid program. (Required)
- Patient handling no greater than 35 lbs. without the use of assistive equipment and/or devices (NIOSH).
- Fine motor skills to be able to grasp and control medical equipment and perform precise procedures.
- Perform hands on CPR at least 20 mins using 100-125 lbs. of force (National Assoc. of EMS Physicians and AHA) Frequency should be seldom or occasionally.
- Ability to move around area with frequent sitting.
- Bending/ stooping / reaching occasionally.
- Lifting (non-patient) up to 20 lbs. occasionally and 5 lbs. frequently.
- Exposure to biohazard, body fluids and airborne particles.
- Time spent on site in medical/hospital setting.
- Vision and hearing required within normal limits (glasses, contacts, hearing aids permitted).
- Ability to communicate and exchange accurate information.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.