Surgical Technologist - ASC Bellingham
PeaceHealth is seeking a Surgical Technologist - ASC for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day position.
The general salary range for this job opening at PeaceHealth is $25.85 – $53.50. The actual hiring rate is dependent upon several factors, including but not limited to, the job/position responsibilities, location, terms of the applicable collective bargaining agreement, education, training, work experience, seniority, work performance, etc.
This position is responsible for assisting the Surgical team during operative procedures by performing a variety of technical duties to primarily assist in responsibility for the preparation and maintenance of the surgical sterile field for the operative patient.
Details of the position:
- Arrange and inventories sterile set-up for operation and passes items as needed to the surgical team.
- Understand and apply the principles of asepsis. Establish and maintain sterile field and assure team maintains sterile environment.
- Assist in preparation and moving of patients.
- Cleans, disinfects, and sterilizes instrumentation. Assists with clean-up and room turnover.
- Access computer information as needed, such as preference lists and digital images.
- Participates in all safety initiatives. Adheres to programs such as SCIP and SCOAP quality initiatives.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What you bring:
- Accredited Program Preferred: Surgical Technology or recognized course of training as a Surgical Technologist.
- 1 year Preferred: Experience as a surgical technologist in a full-service operating room.
- Required: Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- Required: Surgical Technician - Washington (Washington Requirement).
- Required Upon Hire: Basic Life Support.
- Preferred: Certified Surgical Technologist.
- Well organized, detail oriented and self-motivated (Required)
- Ability to coordinate activities and work collaboratively with others (Required)
- Ability to execute detailed procedures with accuracy and precision (Required)
- Basic computer/keyboarding skills including MS Office applications (Required)
- Understanding of operating room protocols (Required)
Department / Location Specific Notes
St. Joseph Medical Center:
- May be required to provide scheduling support during non-standard business hours.
- May be required to schedule surgical cases.
PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers: physical, emotional, financial, social, and spiritual. We offer caregivers a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical/dental/vision coverage; 403b retirement plan employer base and matching contributions; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buyup coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; wellness benefits, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For a full description of the position, or for questions, contact Purneet, PRandeo@peacehealth.org
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.
PeaceHealth requires a completed Primary Vaccine Series (e.g., 2 dose monovalent Pfizer, Moderna or Novavax series or 1 dose J&J vaccine series) or be Up to Date (receiving the most recent Pfizer/Moderna bivalent vaccine/booster) for COVID-19 vaccination prior to their start date. PeaceHealth has a medical and religious exemption request process for those that are unable to receive the COVID-19 primary vaccine series due to medical/religious reasons. For caregivers that will be working in Oregon there is a personal vaccine exemption form that may be requested.