RN - Recovery Room, 0.7 FTE, Variable Shift
Over 130 years ago, the Sisters of St Joseph came to the northwest corner of the Puget Sound to open a small community hospital. Fast forward to present day and PeaceHealth St Joseph is the sole community hospital and Level 2 trauma center, providing care to the North Puget Sound area.
PeaceHealth is seeking a RN - Recovery Room for a Part Time, 0.70 FTE, Variable position. The general salary range for this job opening at PeaceHealth is $37.83 – $73.90. The actual hiring rate is dependent upon several factors, including but not limited to, the job/position responsibilities, location, terms of the applicable collective bargaining agreement, education, training, work experience, seniority, work performance, etc.
Hiring bonus and relocation assistance may be available.
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
Provides professional nursing direct patient care in compliance with professional practice and unit standards. Promotes a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach towards patients, families and all members of the care delivery team.
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care needs.
- Documents patient care in the healthcare record according to established standards.
- Directs and delegates care to other team members in accordance with their education, credentials, and demonstrated competence.
- Ensures own professional effectiveness through education and professional development.
- Participates in the development of and maintains established hospital policies, procedures and objectives, quality improvement, safety, environmental and infection prevention program.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Required: Degree from Accredited School of Nursing
- Preferred: Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Preferred: Specialty certification
- Minimum two years Required: of recent experience in a Phase 1 PACU in an acute hospital setting. This may be replaced by two years of recent experience in ICU, Critical Care or a high acuity step-down unit. This position requires demonstrated expertise in management of airway emergencies (such as laryngospasm, obstruction, stridor and arrest) and management of hemodynamically unstable patients.
- Required: Registered Nurse
- Required Upon Hire: Basic Life Support
- Required: ACLS within six months of hire or transfer date.
- Required: PALS within 12 months of hire or transfer date.
- Required: NIH Stroke Certification required within 90 days of hire.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs. (Required)
- See community specific document for each Unit/Department required credentials. (Required)
- Demonstrated ability to promote positive interpersonal relationships and patient/family centered work environment. (Required)
- Able to support and interpret medical center philosophy, policy and procedures. (Required)
- Basic computer skills. (Required)
- Patient handling no greater than 35 lbs. without the use of assistive equipment and/or devices (NIOSH).
- Fine motor skills to be able to grasp and control medical equipment and perform precise procedures.
- Push/Pull: Frequently up to 45 lbs. force (i.e., WOW, medical carts).
- Perform hands on CPR at least 20 mins using 100-125 lbs. of force (National Assoc. of EMS Physicians and AHA) Frequency should be seldom or occasionally.
- Ability to move around area with frequent sitting.
- Bending/ stooping/ squatting/ reaching/ kneeling frequently.
- Lifting (non-patient) up to 20 lbs. occasionally and 5 lbs. frequently.
- Exposure to biohazard, body fluids and airborne particles.
- Must be able to complete tasks in a noisy environment.
- Vision and hearing required within normal limits (glasses, contacts, hearing aids permitted).
- Ability to communicate and exchange accurate information.
PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers: physical, emotional, financial, social, and spiritual. We offer caregivers a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical/dental/vision coverage; 403b retirement plan employer base and matching contributions; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buyup coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; wellness benefits, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.
PeaceHealth requires a completed Primary Vaccine Series (e.g., 2 dose monovalent Pfizer, Moderna or Novavax series or 1 dose J&J vaccine series) or be Up to Date (receiving the most recent Pfizer/Moderna bivalent vaccine/booster) for COVID-19 vaccination prior to their start date. PeaceHealth has a medical and religious exemption request process for those that are unable to receive the COVID-19 primary vaccine series due to medical/religious reasons. For caregivers that will be working in Oregon there is a personal vaccine exemption form that may be requested.