Environmental Service Attendant I
PeaceHealth is seeking an Environmental Service Attendant I for a Per Diem/Relief, 0.00 FTE, Variable position. The general salary range for this job opening at PeaceHealth is $17.00 – $26.80. The actual hiring rate is dependent upon several factors, including but not limited to, the job/position responsibilities, location, terms of the applicable collective bargaining agreement, education, training, work experience, seniority, work performance, etc.
This position is responsible for the cleaning and sanitizing rooms, floors, fixtures and furnishings in assigned work area following established policies and procedures. Also responsible for performing other miscellaneous housekeeping duties such as replenishing supplies.
- Ensures assigned areas are cleaned and disinfected according to departmental procedures. This may include dusting, mopping, vacuuming, spot cleaning carpets, washing walls, ceilings, furniture and fixtures, emptying trash, restocking supplies, washing and making beds.
- May set up furniture in conference rooms.
- Maintains housekeeping cart, restock paper receptacles, replace sharps containers, and orders supplies essential to the job. Cleans and stores equipment properly.
- Responds to emergency cleaning needs or housekeeping requires in a timely manner.
- In clinical areas, communicates with clinical personnel to determine priority of cleaning needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma Preferred: Or equivalent
- Minimum of 1 year Preferred: Formal housekeeping experience and
- Preferred: Experience in hospital or healthcare setting
- May be required: Drivers License
- Basic verbal and written communication skills. (Required)
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision. (Required)
- Strong customer service skills. (Required)
- Basic computer skills. (Required)
Department / Location Specific Notes
- Driving is not a part of duties, driver’s license is not required.
- Continuous moving around area.
- Continuous simple grasping.
- Frequent pushing/pulling: 36 lbs. initial force. 26 lbs. sustained force.
- Frequent reaching/ bending/ stooping.
- Lifting: Frequent 10 lbs.-25 lbs. Seldom 26 lbs.-50 lbs.
- Occasional carrying up to 20 lbs.
- Occasional squatting/ kneeling.
- Exposure to biohazard, body fluids and airborne particles.
- Must be able to complete tasks in a noisy environment.
- Exposure to toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Vision and hearing required within normal limits (glasses, contacts, hearing aids permitted).
- Ability to communicate and exchange accurate information.
PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers. The benefits included in positions less than 0.5 FTE are 403b retirement plan for caregiver contributions; wellness benefits, discount program, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.
PeaceHealth requires a completed Primary Vaccine Series (e.g., 2 dose monovalent Pfizer, Moderna or Novavax series or 1 dose J&J vaccine series) or be Up to Date (receiving the most recent Pfizer/Moderna bivalent vaccine/booster) for COVID-19 vaccination prior to their start date. PeaceHealth has a medical and religious exemption request process for those that are unable to receive the COVID-19 primary vaccine series due to medical/religious reasons. For caregivers that will be working in Oregon there is a personal vaccine exemption form that may be requested.