Monitor Technician CNA - Acute Medical Care
Monitor Technician CNA - Acute Medical Care unit for a Full Time, 0.90 FTE, Day position. The general salary range for this job opening at PeaceHealth is $20.65 – $31.13. The actual hiring rate is dependent upon several factors, including but not limited to, the job/position responsibilities, location, terms of the applicable collective bargaining agreement, education, training, work experience, seniority, work performance, etc.
A 25-bed critical access hospital, PeaceHealth United General Medical Center offers advanced treatment options and short hospital stays. Comprehensive cancer care is provided at PeaceHealth United General's Cancer Center and a variety of surgical procedures is available at the Surgery & Orthopedics Center. Primary and specialty care is provided by PeaceHealth Medical Group.
*** Hiring Bonus May Be Available *** Hiring Bonus May Be Available ***
This position is responsible to Assists professional nursing personnel in providing quality, compassionate patient care by performing tasks involving direct and indirect patient care, using skills and knowledge in basic nursing assistant procedures and techniques under direction and supervision of a registered nurse. This position will also have responsibility for obtaining and interpreting cardiac physiological monitoring data, documenting any changes in arrhythmias and reporting and problems to a registered nurse or physician. Also, responsible for assessing and maintaining equipment to ensure proper function.
DETAILS OF THE POSITION
- Assist in providing direct patient care as delegated by the Registered Nurse within the scope of the CNA licensure.
- Perform basic technical skills which may include: CPR; taking and recording vital signs; measuring and recording fluid intake/output; applying dressings; recognizing and reporting signs and symptoms of common diseases or conditions; administering treatments as directed by a physician or nurse.
- Operate the appropriate monitoring device in accordance with physician orders. Expert at using all functions of central monitoring equipment. Assist physicians in viewing rhythm history.
- Observe monitors continually, detecting and documenting any changes in heart rhythm and arrhythmias according to department standards. Identify and interpret EKG and relay pertinent information to physician or nurse according to department standards.
- Assist patient with personal care which may include: bathing; mouth and skin care; grooming and dressing; toileting assistance; eating and hydration. Provide assistance to the patient with walking, exercising and moving in and out of bed.
- Perform clerical duties as assigned which may include: processing admissions, discharges and transfers; physician order entry, answering phones, chart processing, etc.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Graduate of a Certified Nursing Assistant Acute Care program required.
- Current Certified Nursing Assistant certification level as required by state or facility at date of hire.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Completion of EKG class, monitoring equipment class, and order entry class within 1 month of hire.
UNITED GENERAL PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires fairly light to normal physical exertion up to 66% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing up to 20 lbs.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail up to 100% of work time. Multi-tasking is essential part of job.
For a full position description or for questions, please contact Vicki Greenwald: email@example.com
PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers: physical, emotional, financial, social, and spiritual. We offer caregivers a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical/dental/vision coverage; 403b retirement plan employer base and matching contributions; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buyup coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; wellness benefits, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.
PeaceHealth requires a completed Primary Vaccine Series (e.g., 2 dose monovalent Pfizer, Moderna or Novavax series or 1 dose J&J vaccine series) or be Up to Date (receiving the most recent Pfizer/Moderna bivalent vaccine/booster) for COVID-19 vaccination prior to their start date. PeaceHealth has a medical and religious exemption request process for those that are unable to receive the COVID-19 primary vaccine series due to medical/religious reasons. For caregivers that will be working in Oregon there is a personal vaccine exemption form that may be requested.