Emergency Department Technician
PeaceHealth is seeking a Emergency Department Technician for a Full Time, 0.90 FTE, Night position. The general salary range for this job opening at PeaceHealth is $19.76 – $32.04. The actual hiring rate is dependent upon several factors, including but not limited to, the job/position responsibilities, location, terms of the applicable collective bargaining agreement, education, training, work experience, seniority, work performance, etc.
Join this fast paced Level II Trauma unit and work within a caring and cohesive team. You’ll use your customer service skills with a variety of patients to ensure the Emergency Department runs smoothly!
PeaceHealth has been serving the communities of northwest Washington since 1890. PeaceHealth St. Joseph Medical Center is a 253-bed, two-campus hospital providing a Level II Trauma Center and a full range of inpatient and outpatient services. PeaceHealth's Whatcom Region also includes the comprehensive heart care services of the Cardiovascular Center at PeaceHealth St. Joseph Medical Center as well as the primary and specialty care provided by PeaceHealth Medical Group. Discover PeaceHealth St. Joseph Medical Center and the vibrant Bellingham community in this video! https://peacehealth.culturehq.com/story/5596
*** Hiring Bonus May Be Available *** Hiring Bonus May Be Available ***
Details of the position
- Assists nursing staff and other care team members with patient care: receiving patients by ambulance and from triage; assisting with ambulatory patients; setting up and assisting with procedures; obtaining patient vital signs; dressing or undressing patients; providing treatment supplies when needed; application of sterile dressings; restraint procedures; immobilization of extremities; cast and splint applications; patient transport.
- Performs basic patient observation skills and reports significant changes in patient condition to the appropriate team member. Observation of secluded or restrained patients.
- Maintain unit supplies by stocking patient rooms and supply areas to meet patient care needs. Assist in keeping patient care areas and equipment clean.
- Performs clerical and communication functions to support departmental operations and patient care.
- Order entry and results retrieval in the computer system.
What you bring
- Current Nursing Assistant certification in the state of Washington or Emergency Medical Technician experience and Nursing Assistant Registered certification in the state of Washington at date of hire.
- Minimum of 1 year Required: Work experience as a Certified or Registered Nursing Assistant or EMT
- Required Upon Hire: Basic Life Support
- Patient handling no greater than 35 lbs. without the use of assistive equipment and/or devices (NIOSH).
- Fine motor skills to be able to grasp and control medical equipment and perform precise procedures.
- Ability to move around area with occasional sitting.
- Frequent reaching/ bending/ squatting/ kneeling/ grasping.
- Lift/Carry: Frequently up to 15 lbs. Occasionally up to 20 lbs.
- Push/Pull: Frequently up to 20 lbs. force. Occasional up to 30 lbs. force.
- Exposure to biohazard, body fluids and airborne particles.
- Exposure to toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Time spent on site in medical/hospital setting.
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
For a full position description or for questions, please contact Vicki Greenwald: firstname.lastname@example.org
PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers: physical, emotional, financial, social, and spiritual. We offer caregivers a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical/dental/vision coverage; 403b retirement plan employer base and matching contributions; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buyup coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; wellness benefits, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.
PeaceHealth requires a completed Primary Vaccine Series (e.g., 2 dose monovalent Pfizer, Moderna or Novavax series or 1 dose J&J vaccine series) or be Up to Date (receiving the most recent Pfizer/Moderna bivalent vaccine/booster) for COVID-19 vaccination prior to their start date. PeaceHealth has a medical and religious exemption request process for those that are unable to receive the COVID-19 primary vaccine series due to medical/religious reasons. For caregivers that will be working in Oregon there is a personal vaccine exemption form that may be requested.