Physician Assistant - Gastroenterology
Position: Physician Assistant - Gastroenterology
Location: Bellingham, Sedro-Woolley, Friday Harbor, WA
Duties: Responsible for caring for, treating and triaging appropriately, patient’s medical, physical and psychosocial needs. Within scope of practice, perform comprehensive and problem focused history and physical exams and interpret and correlate laboratory and diagnostic procedures to assist in formulating a diagnosis and treatment plan. Order, collect and perform appropriate laboratory or diagnostic procedures and studies. Provide needed procedures, including assisting in surgery and assessing patient needs. Perform diagnostic and therapeutic procedures within scope of practice. Order, prescribe and dispense medication and durable goods as allowed by state and within scope of practice. Maintain required records and write progress notes on patient charts as to status, treatments and procedures. Counsel the patient on preventative care, medical problems, exercise, and the use of prescribed medications and treatments. Assist Providers by rounding at medical center. Perform other duties as assigned. Primary worksite is Bellingham, Washington, but travel to secondary PeaceHealth worksites in Sedro-Woolley, Washington and Friday Harbor, Washington may be required.
Salary from: $121,800 to $133,515.20 /year depending on experience.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision coverage
- CME reimbursement
- Relocation assistance
- Employment bonus
- Retirement plans
- Fully paid malpractice insurance
- Wellness program with free FitBit
Education: Master's degree in Physician Assistant Studies
- Completion of an ARC-PA accredited Physician Assistant Program.
- Must be Board Certified Physician Assistant (PA-C) by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA).
- Unrestricted Physician Assistant license in the state of Washington (or ability to obtain unrestricted Physician Assistant license in the state of Washington prior to hire).
- Must have proof of legal authority to work in the United States.
- Employment will be contingent upon passing background check, reference check and drug test and proof of compliance with any PeaceHealth COVID-19 Vaccine Requirement Policies in effect at time of application.
All education, experience, skills, and requirements may be gained concurrently.
Send résumé/cover letter to:
Attn: Kim Dianich, Provider Recruiter Sr.
Address: 1115 SE 164th Ave. Vancouver, WA 98683
Or apply online at: https://careers.peacehealth.org, Job ID # 72660. Résumé/cover letter must address each and every requirement.
PeaceHealth has been serving the communities of northwest Washington since 1890 with PeaceHealth St. Joseph Medical Center, now a 253-bed, two-campus hospital providing a Level II Trauma Center and a full range of inpatient and outpatient services. PeaceHealth's Whatcom Region also includes the comprehensive heart care services of the Cardiovascular Center at PeaceHealth St. Joseph Medical Center as well as the primary and specialty care provided by PeaceHealth Medical Group.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.