Sterile Processing Technician 1,2, or 3. 1.0 FTE, Evenings
PeaceHealth is seeking a Sterile Processing Technician 1,2,or 3 for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Evening position. Placement for this role depends on prior Sterile Processing experience. The general salary range for this job opening at PeaceHealth is $21.57 – $32.38. The actual hiring rate is dependent upon several factors, including but not limited to, the job/position responsibilities, location, terms of the applicable collective bargaining agreement, education, training, work experience, seniority, work performance, etc.
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
Responsible for operating autoclaves and other equipment to clean, decontaminate and sterilize instruments and equipment, including power equipment as applicable. Also responsible for inspecting and assembling instruments, trays and packs.
- Responsible for the coordination, assembly and distribution of supplies, equipment and instruments for surgical cases.
- Re-stocking inventory.
- Cleaning, decontaminating, disassembling and sterilizing instruments and supplies.
- Collaborates with the Perioperative Nursing staff to provide sterile instrument sets and equipment in an accurate and timely manner. Assist in maintaining consistent and continuous workflow, providing superior customer service.
- Operate a variety of sterilization equipment.
- Clean and maintain department equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma Preferred: or equivalent
- Preferred: Completion of a National Central Service Technician course and/or six months experience as a Sterile Process Technician
- Required within 1 Year: Certified Sterile Processing and Distribution Technician
- Required within 1 Year: Certified Registered Central Service Technician
- Basic computer skills including MS Office applications. (Required)
- Demonstrated proficiency in verbal and written communications in English. (Required)
Department / Location Specific Notes
- Ability to move around area with occasional sitting.
- Fine motor skills to be able to grasp and control medical equipment, frequently.
- Lift/Carry: Frequently up to 5 lbs.
- Push/Pull: Frequently up to 10 lbs. force.
- Reaching frequently.
- Squat/ kneel occasionally.
- Exposure to biohazard, body fluids and airborne particles.
- Exposure to toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Vision and hearing required within normal limits (glasses, contacts, hearing aids permitted).
- Ability to communicate and exchange accurate information.
PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers: physical, emotional, financial, social, and spiritual. We offer caregivers a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical/dental/vision coverage; 403b retirement plan employer base and matching contributions; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buyup coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; wellness benefits, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.
PeaceHealth requires a completed Primary Vaccine Series (e.g., 2 dose monovalent Pfizer, Moderna or Novavax series or 1 dose J&J vaccine series) or be Up to Date (receiving the most recent Pfizer/Moderna bivalent vaccine/booster) for COVID-19 vaccination prior to their start date. PeaceHealth has a medical and religious exemption request process for those that are unable to receive the COVID-19 primary vaccine series due to medical/religious reasons. For caregivers that will be working in Oregon there is a personal vaccine exemption form that may be requested.