***Hiring Bonus and Relocation Assistance May Be Available***
You chose to work in healthcare because you want a fulfilling career that will make a difference in others’ lives. If you’re seeking a greater purpose—a mission-driven culture where your contributions are valued, where your voice is heard and where you’ll work alongside a team with a shared vision that every person will receive safe, compassionate care; every time, every touch—choose PeaceHealth!
PeaceHealth St. Joseph Medical Center in Bellingham, Washington is seeking an Ultrasound Sonographer for a Part Time, 0.80 FTE, Variable position. The general salary range for this job opening at PeaceHealth is $39.24 – $68.44. The actual hiring rate is dependent upon several factors, including but not limited to, the job/position responsibilities, location, terms of the applicable collective bargaining agreement, education, training, work experience, seniority, work performance, etc.
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
As an Ultrasound Sonographer, you will use independent judgment, ingenuity, and initiative in performing diagnostic sonographic examinations utilizing ultrasound equipment in various modes and techniques to locate, evaluate, and record pertinent anatomical, pathological, and functional data. You will be responsible for initial assessments, summarizing diagnostic data, and communicating this information with diagnostic images to the interpreting physician.
Details about the position:
- Performs most appropriate examination based on patient information through consultation with interpreting physician and/or ordering physician as necessary.
- Records test results, prepares accurate preliminary reports with information appropriate to their scope of practice, and updates patient records for interpreting physician.
- Integrates previous imaging studies, laboratory results, patient history, and medical records to optimize exam.
- Tailors exam to individual patient and utilizes the most appropriate equipment settings to provide most diagnostic information for interpretation.
- Performs other duties consistent with caregiver’s scope of practice, training, experience, and licensure/registration/certification.
- Graduation from an accredited school of Ultrasound Sonography or equivalent education and/or experience as required for obtaining certification/license/registration as required by the national registry through the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS)
- Minimum of 1 year diagnostic ultrasound experience in a hospital facility preferred
- PACS/RIS knowledge required
- Registered or registry eligible with the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS). Must maintain active national registry status through accumulation of required CME on a "rolling triennium" basis.
- Must obtain ARDMS registration within one year of hire
- Required Upon Hire: American Heart Association Basic Life Support
Relocating to Bellingham? Here are some reasons while you'll love it:
- No Washington state income tax
- Relocation assistance may be available
- Located just 90 minutes north of Seattle and 30 minutes south of British Columbia
- Endless outdoor recreation opportunities: head to Mt. Baker for a day in the snow, tour the San Juan Islands, hike the North Cascades
- Small-city feel blended with urban living, strong schools, and great shopping and cuisine
- Spotlight on Bellingham
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, WA, is a not-for-profit Catholic health system employing approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 1,200 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities in Washington, Oregon, Alaska. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, the legacy of its founding Sisters continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers: physical, emotional, financial, social, and spiritual. We offer caregivers a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical/dental/vision coverage; 403b retirement plan employer base and matching contributions; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buyup coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; wellness benefits, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
For a complete description of this position, or for questions, contact Andrea, email@example.com.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.
PeaceHealth requires a completed Primary Vaccine Series (e.g., 2 dose monovalent Pfizer, Moderna or Novavax series or 1 dose J&J vaccine series) or be Up to Date (receiving the most recent Pfizer/Moderna bivalent vaccine/booster) for COVID-19 vaccination prior to their start date. PeaceHealth has a medical and religious exemption request process for those that are unable to receive the COVID-19 primary vaccine series due to medical/religious reasons. For caregivers that will be working in Oregon there is a personal vaccine exemption form that may be requested.