Medical Office Assistant MA - General Surgery Clinic
PeaceHealth is seeking a Medical Office Assistant MA - General Surgery for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day position.
The general salary range for this job opening at PeaceHealth is $23.93 – $32.22. The actual hiring rate is dependent upon several factors, including but not limited to, the job/position responsibilities, location, terms of the applicable collective bargaining agreement, education, training, work experience, seniority, work performance, etc.
Interim Position- Medical Assistant (MA) pending State Licensure/National Certification per state requirements or registered and actively working to obtain licensure/credentialing. Limited duration position. Applied & offered MA position with a PHMG clinic.
In collaboration with the healthcare team, assists providers in the delivery of patient care in the clinic setting. Coordinates patient flow by identifying and prioritizing individual patient needs. Provides outstanding customer service to patient’s families and co-workers.
- Directs patients to exam rooms and prepares them for examination and treatment.
- Prepares chart; cleans and prepares exam and/or treatment rooms; select, setup and maintain medical supplies and equipment for all examinations, procedures and/or anesthesia interview as applicable.
- Prepares and maintains supplies and equipment for treatments, including sterilization and panel cleanup. Assists with ordering and putting away supplies.
- May transport specimens.
- May assist in scheduling patients for tests, initial and follow up appointments. Sends appointment reminder letters, monitors voicemail, and may take non-clinical calls from patients and staff.
- Completes all necessary documentation, faxing, sorting, and printing. May maintain patient files, records, and other information including entry of data into electronic medical record.
- Collaborates with a variety of personnel and departments to ensure smooth clinic operations.
- Can perform all related job functions of a non-licensed Medical Assistant.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Upcoming completion of an accredited Medical Office Assistant or Medical Assistant Program
One Year of medical office or related customer service experience preferred.
- Washington: State of Washington Medical Assistant Certified or Interim Certified licensure required within 12 months of hire.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required upon hire.
- Ability to maintain patient privacy and confidentiality.
- Proficiency in the use of computer and office equipment. Familiarity with desktop computing tools, multi-line phone systems and insurance billing preferred. §
- Ability to efficiently manage time and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrates a caring, respectful, and compassionate attitude towards all people.
- Takes responsibility for personal growth.
- Takes initiative to meet the challenges within the environment.
- Oriented toward solutions through collaboration.
Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids daily. (Certain locations may) Requires the use of a Powered Air Purifying System (PAPR). (Certain locations may) Requires the use of an N-95 mask Ability to lift objects weighing 80 lbs. or less. Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time). Work requires moderate physical exertion from 34 to 65% of the time.
PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers: physical, emotional, financial, social, and spiritual. We offer caregivers a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical/dental/vision coverage; 403b retirement plan employer base and matching contributions; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buyup coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; wellness benefits, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.
PeaceHealth requires a completed Primary Vaccine Series (e.g., 2 dose monovalent Pfizer, Moderna or Novavax series or 1 dose J&J vaccine series) or be Up to Date (receiving the most recent Pfizer/Moderna bivalent vaccine/booster) for COVID-19 vaccination prior to their start date. PeaceHealth has a medical and religious exemption request process for those that are unable to receive the COVID-19 primary vaccine series due to medical/religious reasons. For caregivers that will be working in Oregon there is a personal vaccine exemption form that may be requested.