Surgical Technologist - Operating Room
Surgical Technologist - Operating Room; Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day position. Hourly compensation is $25.85 - $53.50 - hiring rate dependent on qualifications and professional experience and/or terms of Collective Bargaining Agreement.
PeaceHealth has been serving the communities of northwest Washington since 1890. PeaceHealth St. Joseph Medical Center is a 253-bed, two-campus hospital providing a Level II Trauma Center and a full range of inpatient and outpatient services. PeaceHealth's Whatcom Region also includes the comprehensive heart care services of the Cardiovascular Center at PeaceHealth St. Joseph Medical Center as well as the primary and specialty care provided by PeaceHealth Medical Group. Discover PeaceHealth St. Joseph Medical Center and the vibrant Bellingham community in this video! https://peacehealth.culturehq.com/story/5596
*** Hiring Bonus & Relocation Assistance May Be Available ***
This position is responsible for assisting the Surgical team during operative procedures by performing a variety of technical duties to primarily assist in responsibility for the preparation and maintenance of the surgical sterile field for the operative patient.
DETAILS OF THE POSITION
- Arrange and inventories sterile set-up for operation and passes items as needed to the surgical team.
- Understand and apply the principles of asepsis. Establish and maintain sterile field and assure team maintains sterile environment.
- Assist in preparation and moving of patients.
- Cleans, disinfects, and sterilizes instrumentation. Assists with clean-up and room turnover.
- Access computer information as needed, such as preference lists and digital images.
- Participates in all safety initiatives. Adheres to programs such as SCIP and SCOAP quality initiatives.
- May be required to provide scheduling support during non-standard business hours.
- May be required to schedule surgical cases.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Registered Surgical Technologist at date of hire.
- CST (Certified Surgical Technologist) preferred.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- One year experience as a surgical technologist in a full service operating room preferred.
ST JOSEPH’S PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
- Work requires moderate physical exertion at least 66% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to skin or lung irritants; extreme cold or heat; sharp instruments such as kitchen knives, scalpels, etc.; or dangerous equipment; reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
For a full position description or for questions, please contact Vicki Greenwald: email@example.com
See how PeaceHealth is committed toInclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers: physical, emotional, financial, social, and spiritual. We offer caregivers a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical/dental/vision coverage; 403b retirement plan employer base and matching contributions; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buyup coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; wellness benefits, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.
PeaceHealth requires a completed Primary Vaccine Series (e.g., 2 dose monovalent Pfizer, Moderna or Novavax series or 1 dose J&J vaccine series) or be Up to Date (receiving the most recent Pfizer/Moderna bivalent vaccine/booster) for COVID-19 vaccination prior to their start date. PeaceHealth has a medical and religious exemption request process for those that are unable to receive the COVID-19 primary vaccine series due to medical/religious reasons. For caregivers that will be working in Oregon there is a personal vaccine exemption form that may be requested.