Medical Assistant or LPN Clinic - Vascular
PeaceHealth is seeking a Medical Assistant or LPN Clinic - Vascular for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day position.
The general salary range for this job opening at PeaceHealth is $23.93 - $32.32 for MA and $23.49 - $37.50 for LPN. The actual hiring rate is dependent upon several factors, including but not limited to, the job/position responsibilities, location, terms of the applicable collective bargaining agreement, education, training, work experience, seniority, work performance, etc.
*** Hiring Bonus & Relocation Assistance may be available! ***
Spotlight on Bellingham, WA: CultureHQ.com - A Better Workplace Community
Bellingham, WA is the perfect blend of endless outdoor recreation, urban living, strong schools, great shopping & cuisine, and so much more! These amenities are surrounded by incredible scenery, from the sea to the mountains and the rainforest, making this community an amazing place to live. Acclaimed for its small-city flavor and the home of Western Washington University, Whatcom Community College and Bellingham Technical College, Bellingham has a robust art, music and cultural scene while boasting 65 miles of inner-urban trails to explore, pristine lakes, forests, saltwater beaches, and snow-covered peaks - there are unlimited opportunities for breathtaking hikes, relaxing camping trips, water activities, bird watching, snow sports, and scenic drives!
In collaboration with the healthcare team, this role will assist physicians/providers in the delivery of patient care working within their scope of practice.
Details of the position:
- Prepares patients for examination and treatment or anesthesia interview as applicable. Takes and records patient history and vital signs as applicable.
- Prepares exam and/or treatment rooms; select, setup and maintain medical supplies and equipment for all examinations, procedures and/or anesthesia interview as applicable. Collaborates with a variety of personnel and departments to ensure smooth clinic operations.
- Collaborates with a variety of personnel and departments to ensure smooth clinic operations.
- Gives injections, applies splints and dressings, and facilitates simple wound management under provider orders.
- Prepares and maintains supplies and equipment for treatments, including sterilization.
- May assist in scheduling patients for tests, initial and follow up appointments.
- May maintain patient files, records, and other information including entry of data into electronic medical record.
- May provide phone screening of patient to appropriate clinical staff and/or physician.
- May transport specimens.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What you bring:
- Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant/Medical Office Assistant program, or accredited State Board of Nursing LPN program required.
- Current Washington State MA certification or LPN licensure required.
- Unlicensed upcoming graduate of a Medical Assistant or LPN will also be considered.
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) required at date of hire.
PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers: physical, emotional, financial, social, and spiritual. We offer caregivers a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical/dental/vision coverage; 403b retirement plan employer base and matching contributions; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buyup coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; wellness benefits, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For a full description or questions about the position, contact Purneet, PRandeo@peacehealth.org
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.
PeaceHealth requires a completed Primary Vaccine Series (e.g., 2 dose monovalent Pfizer, Moderna or Novavax series or 1 dose J&J vaccine series) or be Up to Date (receiving the most recent Pfizer/Moderna bivalent vaccine/booster) for COVID-19 vaccination prior to their start date. PeaceHealth has a medical and religious exemption request process for those that are unable to receive the COVID-19 primary vaccine series due to medical/religious reasons. For caregivers that will be working in Oregon there is a personal vaccine exemption form that may be requested.