PeaceHealth United General Medical Center in Sedro Wooley, Washington is seeking a CT Technologist for a Per Diem/Relief, Variable position. The general salary range for this job opening at PeaceHealth is $37.85 – $60.96. The actual hiring rate is dependent upon several factors, including but not limited to, the job/position responsibilities, location, terms of the applicable collective bargaining agreement, education, training, work experience, seniority, work performance, etc.
Performs all routine and specialized CT procedures by integrating medical knowledge and technical skills with effective patient interaction to provide quality patient care and accurate diagnostic information.
Details of the position:
- Prepare, supply, and equip exam room to meet the needs of requested examinations and to meet specific physician requirements for procedures.
- Organizes daily work schedule and performs related clerical duties as required.
- Integrates previous imaging studies, laboratory results, patient history and medical records to optimize exam.
- Perform most appropriate examination based on patient information through consultation with interpreting physician and/or ordering physician as necessary.
- Provides patient education and instruction prior to and after examination. Provide training/education to staff and students as indicated.
- Demonstrates ability to adapt exam to address problems of patient care as they arise making decisions to appropriately resolve problems.
- Operates CT scanner for data acquisition, reconstruction, and documentation of images, and performs quality control measures for the purpose of ensuring optimal quality images.
- Applies ALARA principle to ensure appropriate radiation safety for self-patient, and visitor. Evaluates patient for pregnancy prior to exam as indicated.
- Performs interventional procedures applying knowledge of equipment, supplies, and AORN standards.
- Performs other patient care activities, duties and responsibilities as assigned consistent with Caregivers’ scope of practice, training, experience, and license/certification/registration.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduation from an accredited school of radiologic technology program required.
- Minimum of one year previous experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development, and life stages to meet each patient’s need
- Demonstrated venipuncture competency
- PACS/RIS knowledge is required.
- EPIC RIS, FUJI and IntelliSpace PACS experience is preferred.
- ARRT (R) Certification by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologist is required.
- Certification/Registration/Licensure as required by the State for trained modality.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, projects, and display flexibility in a fast paced and changing work environment
- Ability to work with basic office equipment such as telephones, copier, facsimiles, computers, etc.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
REGION SPECIFIC NOTES:
All Locations (except Alaska and the Oregon West Network):
- Advanced ARRT (CT) certification is required within one year of hire
UNITED GENERAL PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion from 34 to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 80 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers. The benefits included in positions less than 0.5 FTE are 403b retirement plan for caregiver contributions; wellness benefits, discount program, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.
PeaceHealth requires a completed Primary Vaccine Series (e.g., 2 dose monovalent Pfizer, Moderna or Novavax series or 1 dose J&J vaccine series) or be Up to Date (receiving the most recent Pfizer/Moderna bivalent vaccine/booster) for COVID-19 vaccination prior to their start date. PeaceHealth has a medical and religious exemption request process for those that are unable to receive the COVID-19 primary vaccine series due to medical/religious reasons. For caregivers that will be working in Oregon there is a personal vaccine exemption form that may be requested.