Sterile Processing Technician, Per Diem/Relief, Day Shift
PeaceHealth is seeking a Sterile Processing Technician for a Per Diem/Relief, Day position.
Hourly compensation is $18.30 - $32.11 - hiring rate dependent on qualifications and professional experience.
Responsible for operating autoclaves and other equipment to clean, decontaminate and sterilize instruments and equipment, including power equipment as applicable. Also responsible for inspecting and assembling instruments, trays and packs.
- Responsible for the coordination, assembly and distribution of supplies, equipment and instruments for surgical cases. Re-stocking inventory.
- Re-stocking inventory.
- Cleaning, decontaminating, disassembling and sterilizing instruments and supplies.
- Operate a variety of sterilization equipment.
- Clean and maintain department equipment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (Required unless otherwise designated)
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Completion of a National Central Service Technician course and/or six months experience as a Sterile Process Technician preferred.
- Certification from IAHCSMM as a Certified Registered Central Service Tech (CRCST), or certification from CBSPD as a Certified Sterile Processing and Distribution Tech (CSPDT) within one year of hire.
- Basic computer skills including MS Office applications.
- Demonstrated proficiency in verbal and written communications in English required.
UNITED GENERAL PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires active physical exertion at least 66% of the time with ability to push and pull carts exceeding 100 lbs. unassisted at times.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or more.
- Work requires frequent exposure to skin or lung irritants extreme cold or heat sharp instruments or, dangerous equipment; reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
- Ability to stand on feet for the duration of any scheduled shift; ability to stoop and bend consistently without restrictions.
See how PeaceHealth is committed toInclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers. The benefits included in positions less than 0.5 FTE are 403b retirement plan for caregiver contributions; wellness benefits, discount program, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.
PeaceHealth requires a completed Primary Vaccine Series (e.g., 2 dose monovalent Pfizer, Moderna or Novavax series or 1 dose J&J vaccine series) or be Up to Date (receiving the most recent Pfizer/Moderna bivalent vaccine/booster) for COVID-19 vaccination prior to their start date. PeaceHealth has a medical and religious exemption request process for those that are unable to receive the COVID-19 primary vaccine series due to medical/religious reasons. For caregivers that will be working in Oregon there is a personal vaccine exemption form that may be requested.