Hospital Engineer Certified (PL-01 Plumber, Pipefitter, TABB)
PeaceHealth is seeking a Hospital Engineer Certified for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Variable position. The general salary range for this job opening at PeaceHealth is $37.45 – $56.17. The actual hiring rate is dependent upon several factors, including but not limited to, the job/position responsibilities, location, terms of the applicable collective bargaining agreement, education, training, work experience, seniority, work performance, etc.
Performs a variety of general, mechanical, and preventative maintenance tasks as well as inspections, servicing repair and overhaul of equipment and facilities of the medical centers.
- Operates, troubleshoots, adjusts and performs complicated repairs and/or schedules and coordinates others on various types of electrical and mechanical equipment
- Completes preventive and corrective maintenance as assigned
- Requisitions, orders and uses maintenance, project and repair parts in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Documents work on computerized work orders in such a way as to provide accurate repair and preventive maintenance history. Generates assigned computerized work order system reports
- Maintains and continually enhances operation, maintenance and repair knowledge of hospital systems, components, non-medical equipment and other assigned fixtures and appliance
- Serves as a mentor and provides instruction and training to fellow caregivers on the safe and proper installation, operation and maintenance of various mechanical and electrical systems and equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Job related course work after high school in mechanical, electrical or building support field required.
- Associate's degree in electrical, mechanical or facility management related field of study preferred.
- Five years experience in the maintenance and repair of electrical and mechanical equipment and systems required.
- Valid state driver’s license
- One of the following is required:
- Refrigerant handling certification and WA General Electrical License (01), Specialty License (06, 07) or LME or equivalent
- Plumbing PL01 o Master Gas Piping Installer MG01
- Washington HVAC/R
- NICET Certified Technician or Technologist
- ICB Certification
- TABB Certification
- Blackflow PL30
- NTIC Certification
- ISA Certification
- Excellent knowledge of the building core and shell, mechanical and electrical systems, including operation of building automation systems.
- Good communication skills related to providing technical instruction and work schedules to other technicians.
- Demonstrated ability in records and projects organization, quality control and successful time management
- Good computer, keyboarding and data entry skills required.
- Ability to read and interpret complicated mechanical and electrical drawings and specifications, and procedure manuals
ST JOSEPH PHSYICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work constantly requires active physical exertion less than 66% of the time.
- Ability to lift up to 80 lbs.
- Work requires frequent exposure to conditions involving toxic materials or hazardous waste.
- Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers: physical, emotional, financial, social, and spiritual. We offer caregivers a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical/dental/vision coverage; 403b retirement plan employer base and matching contributions; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buyup coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; wellness benefits, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.
PeaceHealth requires a completed Primary Vaccine Series (e.g., 2 dose monovalent Pfizer, Moderna or Novavax series or 1 dose J&J vaccine series) or be Up to Date (receiving the most recent Pfizer/Moderna bivalent vaccine/booster) for COVID-19 vaccination prior to their start date. PeaceHealth has a medical and religious exemption request process for those that are unable to receive the COVID-19 primary vaccine series due to medical/religious reasons. For caregivers that will be working in Oregon there is a personal vaccine exemption form that may be requested.