Patient Team Support - ICU Stepdown
Patient Team Support - ICU Stepdown for a Part Time, 0.80 FTE, Evening position. Hourly compensation is $18.04 – $31.55; hiring rate dependent on qualifications, professional experience, work location, and/or terms of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
PeaceHealth has been serving the communities of northwest Washington since 1890. PeaceHealth St. Joseph Medical Center is a 253-bed, two-campus hospital providing a Level II Trauma Center and a full range of inpatient and outpatient services.
Be part of an amazing team where teamwork and learning is valued. This 29- bed acute care floor is the perfect place to begin your critical care career!
*** Hiring Bonus May Be Available *** Hiring Bonus May Be Available ***
DETAILS OF THE POSITION
- Performs assigned tasks within the scope of a Certified Nursing Assistant and in accordance with PeaceHealth and general nursing policies and procedures.
- Meets or exceeds customer needs as a patient advocate, exercises discretion in the management of patient information and assures strict patient confidentiality.
- Reports significant changes in patient’s status to the appropriate care team member.
- Responsible for clerical duties on the unit, to include but not limited to:
- Accurate transcription of orders
- Coordinates patient admission, discharge and transfer as applicable to unit
- Coordinates patient registration, scheduling and insurance authorizations as applicable to unit
- Provides effective communication linkage between all care team members
5. Within the scope of a Nursing Assistant; demonstrates the ability to assess, plan, implement and evaluate individual patient care appropriate to the age of patients served by demonstrating knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span
WHAT YOU BRING
- State of Washington Nursing Assistant Certification is required at date of hire. (Note: Employees hired prior to October 1, 1997 may qualify for this position with a Registered Nursing Assistant designation from the State of Washington).
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
ST JOSEPH PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires moderate physical exertion to include prolonged periods of standing from 34% to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50lbs or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments; reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more; hazards may include exposure to cleaning chemicals and disinfectants, soiled linens, unknown liquid in trash bags and biohazards (sharps).
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
- There are ergonomic risks identified for each Environmental Services Technician (EST) assignment.
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
For a full position description or for questions, please contact Vicki Greenwald: firstname.lastname@example.org
PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers: physical, emotional, financial, social, and spiritual. We offer caregivers a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical/dental/vision coverage; 403b retirement plan employer base and matching contributions; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buyup coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; wellness benefits, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.
PeaceHealth requires a completed Primary Vaccine Series (e.g., 2 dose monovalent Pfizer, Moderna or Novavax series or 1 dose J&J vaccine series) or be Up to Date (receiving the most recent Pfizer/Moderna bivalent vaccine/booster) for COVID-19 vaccination prior to their start date. PeaceHealth has a medical and religious exemption request process for those that are unable to receive the COVID-19 primary vaccine series due to medical/religious reasons. For caregivers that will be working in Oregon there is a personal vaccine exemption form that may be requested.