MA or LPN Clinic - Primary Care (Fairhaven Clinic)
PeaceHealth is seeking a Medical Assistant or LPN Clinic - Primary Care for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day position.
The general salary range for this job opening at PeaceHealth is $23.01 - $30.98 for MA and $23.49 – $37.50 for LPN. The actual hiring rate is dependent upon several factors, including but not limited to, the job/position responsibilities, location, terms of the applicable collective bargaining agreement, education, training, work experience, seniority, work performance, etc.
*** Hiring Bonus & Relocation Assistance may be available! ***
Spotlight on Bellingham, WA: CultureHQ.com - A Better Workplace Community
This clinic is located in Fairhaven. Nestled between the calm waters of Bellingham Bay and the majestic Cascade Mountains in Washington state, Historic Fairhaven Village is known for its Victorian-era architecture and colorful history. Within the southern city limits of Bellingham, Fairhaven Historic Village is the perfect launching point for hikes, picnics, or kayak on the bay.
In collaboration with the healthcare team, this role will assist physicians/providers in the delivery of patient care working within their scope of practice.
Details of the position:
- Prepares patients for examination and treatment or anesthesia interview as applicable. Takes and records patient history and vital signs as applicable.
- Prepares exam and/or treatment rooms; select, setup and maintain medical supplies and equipment for all examinations, procedures and/or anesthesia interview as applicable.
- Collaborates with a variety of personnel and departments to ensure smooth clinic operations.
- Gives injections, applies splints and dressings, and facilitates simple wound management under provider orders.
- Prepares and maintains supplies and equipment for treatments, including sterilization.
- May assist in scheduling patients for tests, initial and follow up appointments.
- May maintain patient files, records, and other information including entry of data into electronic medical record.
- May provide phone screening of patient to appropriate clinical staff and/or physician.
- May transport specimens.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What you bring:
- Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant/Medical Office Assistant program, or accredited State Board of Nursing LPN program.
- Current Washington State MA certification or LPN license.
- Unlicensed upcoming graduate of a Medical Assistant or LPN program will also be considered.
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) at date of hire.
- LPN roles may be hybrid (onsite & remote) based on department needs.
PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers: physical, emotional, financial, social, and spiritual. We offer caregivers a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical/dental/vision coverage; 403b retirement plan employer base and matching contributions; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buyup coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; wellness benefits, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
For a full description or questions about the position, contact Purneet, PRandeo@peacehealth.org
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.
PeaceHealth requires a completed Primary Vaccine Series (e.g., 2 dose monovalent Pfizer, Moderna or Novavax series or 1 dose J&J vaccine series) or be Up to Date (receiving the most recent Pfizer/Moderna bivalent vaccine/booster) for COVID-19 vaccination prior to their start date. PeaceHealth has a medical and religious exemption request process for those that are unable to receive the COVID-19 primary vaccine series due to medical/religious reasons. For caregivers that will be working in Oregon there is a personal vaccine exemption form that may be requested.