Interventional Radiology Technologist
***Hiring Bonus and Relocation Assistance May Be Available***
PeaceHealth St. Joseph Medical Center in Bellingham, Washington is seeking an experienced Interventional Radiology Technologist /Radiology Technologist - Special Procedures for a Part Time, 0.80 FTE, Day position. The general salary range for this job opening at PeaceHealth is $41.57 – $67.04. The actual hiring rate is dependent upon several factors, including but not limited to, the job/position responsibilities, location, terms of the applicable collective bargaining agreement, education, training, work experience, seniority, work performance, etc.
Provides patient services to a wide range of patient ages from neonates to geriatric patients using imaging modalities; performs angiographic and cardiac catheterization procedures; applies principles of radiation protection; evaluates images for technical quality; exercises professional judgment in the performance of procedures; provides patient care essential to procedures; recognizes patient conditions immediate action and initiates life support measures; maintains knowledge current with developing requiring technology.
Details about the position:
- Conducts examinations for diagnostic interpretation, evaluates procedures, and makes recommendations for improvement. Integrates previous imaging studies, laboratory results, patient history and medical records to optimize exam. Evaluates patient information for potential risk factors
- Initiates investigation of incidents when immediate action is required; otherwise refers for further evaluation to department leadership.
- Provides patient services using imaging modalities; performs examinations, assists in procedures; applies principles of radiation protection; evaluates images for technical quality; recognizes patient conditions requiring immediate action and initiates life support measures; maintains knowledge of current/developing technology.
- Administers ionizing radiation for diagnostic and therapeutic purposes. Performs angiographic and cardiac catheterization procedures.
- Administers contrast agents as required by specified procedures under the direction of a qualified physician.
- Prepares supplies and equip exam room to meet the needs of requested examinations and to meet specific physician requirements for procedures.
- Organizes daily work schedule and performs related clerical duties as required.
- Perform most appropriate examination based on patient information through consultation with interpreting physician and/or ordering physician as necessary.
- Provide patient education and instruction prior to and after examination. Provide training/education to staff & students as indicated.
- Applies ALARA principle to ensure appropriate radiation safety for self, staff and patient. Evaluates patient for pregnancy prior to exam as indicated.
- Perform surgical x-ray examinations utilizing appropriate radiation safety measures and adhering to AORN standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What you bring:
- Graduation from an accredited school of radiologic technology required.
- Experience and demonstrated ability to adapt exam to address problems of patient care as they arise making decisions to appropriately resolve problems.
- Appropriate knowledge of radiologic principles, physics, anatomy, physiology, positioning and related medical terminology.
- Experience in Special Procedures is preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient's need
- PACS/RIS knowledge required. ImageCast/CareCast experience preferred.
- Licensure/Certification/Registration to practice in trained modality as required by the State.
- Current American Heart AssociationBLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Current ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) must be obtained within a standard grace period from hire or transfer, as specified in the PeaceHealth Policy Resuscitation Training Completion Requirements, or upon hire.
ST JOSEPH PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires moderate physical exertion from 34 to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 80 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers: physical, emotional, financial, social, and spiritual. We offer caregivers a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical/dental/vision coverage; 403b retirement plan employer base and matching contributions; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buyup coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; wellness benefits, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
For a detailed description of this position, or for questions, please contact Andrea, email@example.com.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.
PeaceHealth requires a completed Primary Vaccine Series (e.g., 2 dose monovalent Pfizer, Moderna or Novavax series or 1 dose J&J vaccine series) or be Up to Date (receiving the most recent Pfizer/Moderna bivalent vaccine/booster) for COVID-19 vaccination prior to their start date. PeaceHealth has a medical and religious exemption request process for those that are unable to receive the COVID-19 primary vaccine series due to medical/religious reasons. For caregivers that will be working in Oregon there is a personal vaccine exemption form that may be requested.