Associate Philanthropy Officer - Foundation
PeaceHealth is seeking an Associate Philanthropy Officer - Foundation.
Serves as a member of the Foundation development staff responsible for growing and maintaining a comprehensive mid-level giving program focused on attracting mid-level gifts in excess of $10,000 (or the defined mid-level gift threshold).
What you will enjoy:
- Identifying, cultivating and soliciting current and prospective donors who have the ability to contribute a mid-level gift of $10,000 and more (or the mid-level threshold).
- Developing written cultivation, solicitation and stewardship plans.
- Engaging in face-to-face contacts with identified, qualified potential and existing mid-level donors. Provides documentation of such activities as part of a management program recorded in Raisers Edge.
- Supporting the development officer(s) in engaging and supporting physicians in the education, cultivation, solicitation, closure and stewardship of prospects/donors.
- Serving as a conduit for discovery and cultivation face-to-face visits, initiated primarily by phone, on behalf of development officers and the foundation leader.
- Providing in-patient rounding.
- Providing after hours coverage for benefactors on a rotational basis.
- Attending and participating in fundraising events.
What you will bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree in fundraising, business administration, communication, marketing or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in successful identification, cultivation and solicitation of prospects/donors, preferably in a healthcare, academic medicine or higher education environment.
- Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) is preferred.
- Ability to travel required.
- Ability to secure individual gifts with outstanding follow-through and stewardship of donors' investments
- Ability for a very high activity level in the field, strong initiative, and self-motivation
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills to work effectively with hospital staff, physicians and other medical professionals, donors, volunteers, and the public
- Ability to initiate programmatic activities independently, organize/set priorities, and complete work in a timely manner despite deadlines and competing requirements
- Ability and willingness to be a team player and to adapt to changing priorities
- Understanding and ability to explain basic planned giving vehicles and opportunities
- Ability to embrace the fundraising ethics of compassion and PeaceHealth Mission
For a complete job description or for questions contact Beth, firstname.lastname@example.org
The general salary range for this job opening at PeaceHealth is $35.67 – $53.50. The actual hiring rate is dependent upon several factors, including but not limited to, the job/position responsibilities, location, terms of the applicable collective bargaining agreement, education, training, work experience, seniority, work performance, etc.
PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers: physical, emotional, financial, social, and spiritual. We offer caregivers a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical/dental/vision coverage; 403b retirement plan employer base and matching contributions; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buyup coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; wellness benefits, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.
PeaceHealth requires a completed Primary Vaccine Series (e.g., 2 dose monovalent Pfizer, Moderna or Novavax series or 1 dose J&J vaccine series) or be Up to Date (receiving the most recent Pfizer/Moderna bivalent vaccine/booster) for COVID-19 vaccination prior to their start date. PeaceHealth has a medical and religious exemption request process for those that are unable to receive the COVID-19 primary vaccine series due to medical/religious reasons. For caregivers that will be working in Oregon there is a personal vaccine exemption form that may be requested.