Patient Access Representative - Admitting
Full Time, 0.90 FTE, Variable position. The general salary range for this job opening at PeaceHealth is $20.75 – $31.11. The actual hiring rate is dependent upon several factors, including but not limited to, the job/position responsibilities, location, terms of the applicable collective bargaining agreement, education, training, work experience, seniority, work performance, etc.
Hours 8hr and 12hr shifts 1600-0030 and 1900-0730.
***Hiring Bonus may be Available. ***
Spotlight on PeaceHealth St. Joseph Medical Center | Bellingham, WA A Better Workplace Community
Assists in coordinating the activities between scheduling, insurance verification and pre-certification. Acts as a clinical liaison with physician practices interacting with pre-visit services.
Details of the position:
- Pre-registers/registers patients with accurate patient demographic, financial data. May register patients using varying methods depending upon location, which may include mobile cart.
- Collects patient balances, co-payment, co-insurance, or other payment types.
- Verifies coverage and ensures all insurance requirements are met, as well as obtaining all prior authorization and/or referrals as appropriate prior to patient arrival.
- Responds to customer’s inquiries.
- Assists with departmental coverage as needed.
- Manages daily appointment schedules which may include reminder calls and calling all referrals.
- May transport patients utilizing escort or wheeled transport equipment.
What I bring:
- One year of medical office or related customer service experience required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Medical Terminology and CPT/ICD-10 coding preferred.
- Knowledge of insurance process and regulations preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel and Outlook preferred.
- Must be able to manage conflict effectively and professionally.
- Excellent time management skills, with an emphasis on meeting time sensitive deadlines.
- Good customer service skills and good interpersonal skills.
- Management of ED incoming phone calls and may be required to provide switchboard coverage.
- Monitor OB Prosec/McKinley alarm system.
- May be required to assist with Cardiac Rehab departmental charge entry.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
For a full description of the position, or for questions, please email KShepherd@peacehealth.org.
For a full description of the position, or for questions, please email .This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers: physical, emotional, financial, social, and spiritual. We offer caregivers a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical/dental/vision coverage; 403b retirement plan employer base and matching contributions; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buyup coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; wellness benefits, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.
PeaceHealth requires a completed Primary Vaccine Series (e.g., 2 dose monovalent Pfizer, Moderna or Novavax series or 1 dose J&J vaccine series) or be Up to Date (receiving the most recent Pfizer/Moderna bivalent vaccine/booster) for COVID-19 vaccination prior to their start date. PeaceHealth has a medical and religious exemption request process for those that are unable to receive the COVID-19 primary vaccine series due to medical/religious reasons. For caregivers that will be working in Oregon there is a personal vaccine exemption form that may be requested.