RN - Pediatric Resource Team
At Peacehealth, it's our vision that every person receives safe, compassionate care; every time, every touch. As a Nurse at Southwest Medical Center in Vancouver, WA, you’ll be part of a collaborative team working together to ensure that our patients receive excellent care.
Consider joining our Pediatric -Women's Services Floatpool at Southwest Medical Center in Vancouver, Washington. In this .75 FTE Pediatric Resource Team RN role you will work five 12-hour Night shifts each two week pay period in our acute care pediatric unit, as well as cross-training and floating to Mom-Baby and NICU.
We offer :
- Eligible for $3.50/hr Resource Team Premium Pay
- Additional pay for BSN, MSN, DPN and specialty nursing certification
- A Hiring Bonus
- Relocation Assistance
- Great benefits package effective the first of the month following start date
- A Student Loan Repayment Program
- The general salary range for this job opening at PeaceHealth is $37.83 – $73.90. The actual hiring rate is dependent upon several factors, including but not limited to, the job/position responsibilities, location, terms of the PeaceHealth Southwest WSNA Collective Bargaining Agreement,phsw wsna contract , education, training, work experience, seniority, etc.
Southwest Washington Medical Center is a 450-bed tertiary-level hospital, located just across the river from the Portland [Oregon] metropolitan area. Vancouver is a great location where you can enjoy big city life or the serene countryside, with easy access to an abundance of recreational and cultural activities.
For additional information or questions, please contact Lisa at Lwishard@Peacehealth.org or 360.414.2186.
Position Details :
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care needs.
- Documents patient care in the healthcare record according to established standards.
- Directs and delegates care to other team members in accordance with their education, credentials, and demonstrated competence.
- Ensures own professional effectiveness through education and professional development.
- Participates in the development of and maintains established hospital policies, procedures and objectives, quality improvement, safety, environmental and infection prevention program.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school/college of nursing.
- Minimum 1 year Pediatric RN experience in an acute care, pediatric emergency room or pediatric long term care experience required.
- WA State RN Licensure required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers required.
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) required.
- NICU or mother baby experience preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS - PHSW
- Work requires active physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 80 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments.
- Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
Benefits: PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers: physical, emotional, financial, social, and spiritual. We offer caregivers a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical/dental/vision coverage; 403b retirement plan employer base and matching contributions; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buyup coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; wellness benefits, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.
PeaceHealth requires a completed Primary Vaccine Series (e.g., 2 dose monovalent Pfizer, Moderna or Novavax series or 1 dose J&J vaccine series) or be Up to Date (receiving the most recent Pfizer/Moderna bivalent vaccine/booster) for COVID-19 vaccination prior to their start date. PeaceHealth has a medical and religious exemption request process for those that are unable to receive the COVID-19 primary vaccine series due to medical/religious reasons. For caregivers that will be working in Oregon there is a personal vaccine exemption form that may be requested.