Hospital Engineer - Facilities
PeaceHealth is seeking a Hospital Engineer - Facilities for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Variable position. The general salary range for this job opening at PeaceHealth is $29.48 – $44.22. The actual hiring rate is dependent upon several factors, including but not limited to, the job/position responsibilities, location, terms of the applicable collective bargaining agreement, education, training, work experience, seniority, work performance, etc.
Provides in-house ability to maintain a large variety of plant equipment and health care systems.
- Repairs and maintains facilities, equipment, and utility systems in a manner that will optimize the provision of a code-compliant, safe, comfortable and healing environment for patients, visitors and staff.
- Responds to and resolves alarm or emergency situations involving utility systems, life safety systems, and general facility equipment, including all non-medical fixtures and appliances.
- Makes daily rounds in areas of responsibility for maintenance work and performs repairs according to department procedures.
- Coordinates and oversees outside vendor service to ensure all work is properly completed and meets hospital standards for repair and maintenance.
- Coordinates activities and documentation to accomplish goals of the department ensuring an efficient operating department.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- One year of building/plant maintenance training by one or more of the following approaches: trade school, apprenticeship, or military school or training.
- Associates degree preferred.
- Minimum of three years of experience in hospital maintenance or industrial/commercial building/plant maintenance experience, or a combination of both required.
- Building Operator Certification preferred.
- Valid state driver’s license
- Proficient in at least two of the following trades: plumbing, steam generation/maintenance, control/alarm systems, HVAC systems, or refrigeration
- Knowledge of national and state codes, rules, regulations, laws and procedures applicable to the trade
- Must be able to cope with repeated bending, squatting, stooping, prolonged standing, walking, and climbing stairs.
- Must be able to lift up to 50pounds and safely operate hand tools, power tools, and diagnostic test equipment.
- Have a general understanding of basic building structure and repair.
- Must be able to communicate well both verbally and in writing with staff and contract services
- Intermediate computer, keyboarding, and data entry skills required.
ST JOSEPH PHSYICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work constantly requires active physical exertion less than 66% of the time.
- Ability to lift up to 80 lbs.
- Work requires frequent exposure to conditions involving toxic materials or hazardous waste.
- Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers: physical, emotional, financial, social, and spiritual. We offer caregivers a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical/dental/vision coverage; 403b retirement plan employer base and matching contributions; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buyup coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; wellness benefits, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.
PeaceHealth requires a completed Primary Vaccine Series (e.g., 2 dose monovalent Pfizer, Moderna or Novavax series or 1 dose J&J vaccine series) or be Up to Date (receiving the most recent Pfizer/Moderna bivalent vaccine/booster) for COVID-19 vaccination prior to their start date. PeaceHealth has a medical and religious exemption request process for those that are unable to receive the COVID-19 primary vaccine series due to medical/religious reasons. For caregivers that will be working in Oregon there is a personal vaccine exemption form that may be requested.