Environmental Service Attendant I
PeaceHealth is seeking an Environmental Service Attendant I for a Part Time, 0.60 FTE, Evening position. The general salary range for this job opening at PeaceHealth is $15.41 – $26.80. The actual hiring rate is dependent upon several factors, including but not limited to, the job/position responsibilities, location, terms of the applicable collective bargaining agreement, education, training, work experience, seniority, work performance, etc.
This position is responsible for the cleaning and sanitizing rooms, floors, fixtures and furnishings in assigned work area following established policies and procedures. Also, responsible for performing other miscellaneous housekeeping duties such as replenishing supplies.DETAILS OF POSITION
- Ensure that assigned areas are cleaned and disinfected according to departmental procedures. This may include dusting; mopping; vacuuming; spot cleaning carpets; washing walls, ceilings, furniture and fixtures; emptying trash; restocking supplies; washing and making beds.
- May set up furniture in conference rooms.
- Maintain housekeeping cart, restock paper receptacles, replace sharps containers, and orders supplies essential to the job. Clean and store equipment properly.
- Respond to emergency cleaning needs or housekeeping requires in a timely manner.
- In clinical areas, communicate with clinical personnel to determine priority of cleaning needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU BRING
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of one-year formal housekeeping experience preferred; experience in hospital or healthcare setting preferred.
- Depending on facility assigned to, may require valid driver’s license.
- Basic verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision
- Strong customer service skills
- Basic computer skills
REGION/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
- Driving is not a part of duties, driver’s license is not required
UNITED GENERAL PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
- Work requires moderate physical exertion 34% to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or more.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments; reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more; hazards may include exposure to cleaning chemicals and disinfectants, soiled linens, unknown liquid in trash bags and biohazards (sharps).
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
- There are ergonomic risks identified for each Environmental Services Floor Technician assignment; Safeguards are based on assignment and may include eye, face and hand protection, safety shoes and ergonomically correct procedures related to lifting, pushing and pulling.
PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers: physical, emotional, financial, social, and spiritual. We offer caregivers a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical/dental/vision coverage; 403b retirement plan employer base and matching contributions; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buyup coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; wellness benefits, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.
Must be fully vaccinated or exempted for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date. PeaceHealth has a medical and religious exemption request process for those that are unable to receive the COVID-19 primary vaccine series due to medical/religious reasons.