PeaceHealth is seeking a Respiratory Therapist for a Per Diem/Relief, 0.000001 FTE, Variable position.
The general salary range for this job opening at PeaceHealth is $30.75 – $53.50. The actual hiring rate is dependent upon several factors, including but not limited to, the job/position responsibilities, location, terms of the applicable collective bargaining agreement, education, training, work experience, seniority, work performance, etc.
Cares for the Cardio-Pulmonary needs of all assigned patients, from those who are undergoing routine diagnostic procedures to those requiring more complex critical care support, intervention, and transport support, as applicable to care setting. The work requires a team focus working collaboratively with all members of the healthcare team aimed toward the best outcome for the patient and organization.
Spotlight on PeaceHealth United General Medical Center | Sedro-Woolley, WA A Better Workplace Community
Details of the Position
- Provides respiratory care to include diagnostic testing, oxygen and medication delivery, bronchial hygiene, arterial/capillary blood gas draw and analysis, advanced airway and life support.
- Patient assessment including the ability to monitor labs, hemodynamics and radiology findings. Assesses, plans, implements and evaluates individual patient care appropriate to the age of the patients.
- Calibrates, cleans, sets up, maintains and troubleshoots all patient related equipment and instruments. Assembles and stores cleaned equipment.
- Participates in in-house educational in-services inter and intradepartmental as well as attending outside seminars and workshops, as requested by Manager.
- Participates in various intermittent department tasks including, but not limited to, audits, quality assurance, statistical record keeping, patient charting and other special projects as specified by Manager.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What You Bring
- Graduate of 2-year AMA-approved Respiratory Care Program; or approved alternative education as outlined in the state regulatory requirements.
- Must pass the NBRC Registered Respiratory Therapist exam within 6 months of hire. (Not applicable to PeaceHealth Southwest Clinic setting)
- Must maintain a current Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP) license in the state of practice.
- Washington caregivers who were employed as of 6/29/2014 that are licensed RCP but are not registry eligible due to the educational requirement (i.e., began working as a respiratory therapist when a 2-year degree was not required/available) will be grandfathered for this requirement.
- Must maintain RRT certification (e.g., CEU’s, etc.); exceptions for RCP’s noted above.
- Please note: May obtain within 6 months of hire, per language above under Education section allowing 6 months from date of hire to pass the RRT exam.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required at date of hire.
- Must maintain all certifications, competencies and licensure as required by the department or as regulated by state or federal agencies.
- ACLS and BLS required at time of hire
For a full description of the position or for questions, contact Purneet Randeo, firstname.lastname@example.org
PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers. The benefits included in positions less than 0.5 FTE are 403b retirement plan for caregiver contributions; wellness benefits, discount program, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.
Must be fully vaccinated or exempted for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date. PeaceHealth has a medical and religious exemption request process for those that are unable to receive the COVID-19 primary vaccine series due to medical/religious reasons.