Surgical PA - Orthopedic Trauma
The Ideal Candidate
- Board Certified Physician Assistant with at least 1 year of post-training surgical experience
- Desire to be part of an exciting program with an engaged team
- Adaptable self-starter who can see where the need is greatest and respond
- Fully available when on schedule
- Commitment to providing the right care at the right time
- Orthopedic Trauma Program Assist
- Collaborative program staffed daily with an Ortho Trauma surgeon and one PA-C responsible for surgical assists, rounding and ED consults
- 90% inpatient with an occasional clinic day
- 12-hour shifts, 7:00am-7:00pm; rotating schedule includes weekends.
- All Orthopedic Trauma Level 2
- Primary response; supporting Trauma program with surgery assist functions in the OR
- Schedule is created in collaboration with the chosen candidate, including scheduled call responsibility
- Epic EMR
Bellingham, WA is the perfect blend of endless outdoor recreation, urban living, strong schools, great shopping & cuisine, and so much more! These amenities are surrounded by incredible scenery, from the sea to the mountains and the rainforest, making this community an amazing place to live. Head to Mount Baker for a day in the snow. Tour the San Juan Islands by sea kayak or sailboat. Trek the North Cascades on foot. Stay in town to explore the shops and cafes of historic Fairhaven and Downtown and then catch a show at Mount Baker Theater – you can do it all in Bellingham!
PeaceHealth has been serving the communities of northwest Washington since 1890 with PeaceHealth St. Joseph Medical Center, now a 253-bed, two-campus hospital providing a Level II Trauma Center and a full range of inpatient and outpatient services. PeaceHealth's Whatcom Region also includes the comprehensive heart care services of the Cardiovascular Center at PeaceHealth St. Joseph Medical Center as well as the primary and specialty care provided by PeaceHealth Medical Group.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
- Guaranteed first-year income, based on years of direct experience (0-3, 3-5, 5-9, 10+): $131,556 .00- $161,167.00
- Employment Bonus
- Relocation stipend based on miles between locations
- CME: up to $3,300 per calendar year for CME and/or professional dues/fees (based on 1.0 FTE; prorated for lower FTE)
- Comprehensive Benefit package including Medical /Dental / Vision / Disability / Life / Wellness
Contact: Sharon Thompson, Provider Recruiter / SThompson1@peacehealth.org
EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.