Project Manager Design and Construction
PeaceHealth is seeking a Project Manager Design and Construction for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Variable position. The general salary range for this job opening at PeaceHealth is $47.48 – $71.22. The actual hiring rate is dependent upon several factors, including but not limited to, the job/position responsibilities, location, terms of the applicable collective bargaining agreement, education, training, work experience, seniority, work performance, etc.
Accountable for all phases of new construction and renovation projects while effectively collaborating with appropriate entities for such duties as managing the budget, schedules, bids, design, and construction requirements for each project, in accordance with the architectural design principals, coordinates and assists in managing design user groups during the design phase of major capital projects. Sets deadlines, assigns responsibilities, monitors and reports regularly the progress of each project. Responsible for all elements of construction during the construction and closeout phases. Positions assigned to ambulatory will include travel to projects at medical centers throughout the system will be necessary.
- Maintains ongoing and continuously updates comprehensive, prioritized and sequenced documents illustrating all facilities projects by campus.
- Manages capital project design, construction, and budget. Forecasts and reports on costs for all project phases from inception through completion. Evaluates invoices pertaining to projects, documents costs and analyzes their impact relative to anticipated costs. Ensures consistent coding for project Purchase Orders and invoices.
- Ensures work plans are generated and executed and manages specific projects. Reviews all contractors’ monthly schedules, updates for compliance. Processes the schedule data files to monitor schedule changes implemented by contractors. Documents deficiencies through a written report to the project leadership team. Evaluates proposed percentages of completion of activities against work-in-place to assist in review of pay applications.
- Manages communications to operations on an ongoing, regular and predictable basis. Establishes standard report formats to disseminate critical project information.
- Collaborates with other departments to communicate project plans, status updates, and recovery plans when necessary.
- Defines and establishes the project scope of work with stakeholders and develops project budgets. Reviews deliverables for accuracy prepared by the design team before submission to stakeholders for approval.
- Manages the day-to-day operational aspects of assigned projects and scope from design initiation through contract closeout. Lead the efforts of the project team involving approvals from all applicable agencies having jurisdiction.
- Lead the efforts of the project team involving approvals from all applicable agencies having jurisdiction.
- Provides update/status reporting for work in progress, including costs and schedules to stakeholders and associates. Reviews Master Plan to ensure constructability and confirm there are no conflicts affecting sequencing of work.
- Devises bidding strategies, including bid packages, and ensure contractors participate in the bid process. Administers the construction contracts.
- Conduct all project related meetings and prepare meeting minutes.
- Implements and enforces all applicable PeaceHealth policies and procedures in place for all projects
- Performs other duties as assigned.
WHAT I BRING:
- Bachelor’s Degree; or equivalent knowledge and skills obtained through a combination of education, training and experience preferred.
- Minimum of eight years of experience in healthcare project management. In-patient healthcare project management experience required for positions supporting hospital facilities.
- Extensive experience in managing $20M+ projects.
- AIA, LEED, PMP, CCM, CHC (Certified Healthcare Constructor) or other related accreditations preferred.
- Proficient in MSOffice applications, specifically MS Project
- Diligent and detail oriented
- Objective and focused on project goals
- Organizational skills are top notch.
- High level of oral and written communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to effectively lead project teams.
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion from up to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (up to 65% of work time).
PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers: physical, emotional, financial, social, and spiritual. We offer caregivers a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical/dental/vision coverage; 403b retirement plan employer base and matching contributions; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buyup coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; wellness benefits, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.
Must be fully vaccinated or exempted for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date. PeaceHealth has a medical and religious exemption request process for those that are unable to receive the COVID-19 primary vaccine series due to medical/religious reasons.