Central Supply Technician - Supply Chain
PeaceHealth is seeking a Central Supply Technician - Supply Chain for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day position. The general salary range for this job opening at PeaceHealth is $17.00 – $27.18. The actual hiring rate is dependent upon several factors, including but not limited to, the job/position responsibilities, location, terms of the applicable collective bargaining agreement, education, training, work experience, seniority, work performance, etc.
Responsible for cleaning equipment as well as distribution of equipment and supplies using clean technique standards according to AAMI. Monitors and orders non-stock and special orders supplies. Will perform receiving responsibilities as necessary.
Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:00pm (no weekends)
- Responsible for the collection of contaminated equipment and instruments from floors.
- Re-stocking inventory and non-stock supplies, performs monthly outdate process and documentation.
- Cleaning equipment and stores in a clean environment on floors.
- Clean and maintain department equipment, such as pumps, etc.
- Assembles some specialized trays for procedures and distributes them as appropriate.
- Ensures proper shelving labels are in place. Responsible for Par Management on assigned units.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
WHAT I BRING
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Completion of or currently enrolled in a National Central Service Technician course and/or six months experience as a Central Service Technician is preferred.
- National Central Service Technician certification preferred.
- Basic computer skills including MS Office applications is required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in verbal and written communications in English required.
- Ability to work independently and strong organizational skills are required.
- Ability to maintain numerical order of supplies is required.
UNITED GENERAL PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires moderate physical exertion to include prolonged periods of standing from 67% - 100% of work time.
- Must be able to lift/push/pull up to 50 lbs.
- Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids less than 1 time per month. Work may require exposure to hazardous chemicals or sharp instruments.
- Work is of average to high stress levels. Requires intense concentration 90% of the time. Work may be frequently interrupted and be performed with time pressure.
- PPE required includes gloves, gown, mask, hair cover and show covering.
PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers: physical, emotional, financial, social, and spiritual. We offer caregivers a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical/dental/vision coverage; 403b retirement plan employer base and matching contributions; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buyup coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; wellness benefits, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.
Must be fully vaccinated or exempted for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start date. PeaceHealth has a medical and religious exemption request process for those that are unable to receive the COVID-19 primary vaccine series due to medical/religious reasons.