Physical Therapist Assistant
PeaceHealth PeaceHarbor Medical Center is seeking a Physical Therapist Assistant for a Full Time, 1.00 FTE, Day position. The general salary range for this job opening at PeaceHealth is $26.80 – $40.20. The actual hiring rate is dependent upon several factors, including but not limited to, the job/position responsibilities, location, terms of the applicable collective bargaining agreement, education, training, work experience, seniority, work performance, etc.
**Hiring bonus and relocation assistance may be available**
Florence is located on the Oregon Coast at the mouth of the Siuslaw River. Enjoy a lifestyle inspired by the great outdoors and offering its own scenic Northwest landscape and abundant recreational opportunities. Florence is known for its breathtaking beaches, rolling sand dunes, numerous lakes with hiking trails and a picturesque historic downtown. To the south is 40-mile-long Oregon Dunes National Recreation Area. To the north, the tide pools and hiking trails at Cape Perpetua. To the east, steelhead fishing on the Siuslaw River.
Learn more about PeaceHealth in Florence:https://peacehealth.culturehq.com/story/5635
Responsible for carrying out the physical therapy plan of care, toward patient-specific goals, under the direct supervision of a licensed physical therapist. Provides treatment to restore function, prevent disability and assist patients to achieve optimal levels of functional status. Provides oversight to students in following the plan-of-care and treatment of patients appropriate to the age of the patient served; provides supervision to therapy aides and volunteers. Works as part of a patient care team toward the best outcomes for the patient.
Details of position:
- Under the supervision of the physical therapist, provides skilled physical therapy services to patients and skilled education/instruction to patients and caregivers according to the plan of treatment.
- Completes documentation accurately, timely, according to regulatory and state licensure requirements, and within professional standards.
- Collaborates with other healthcare professionals as necessary to ensure smooth continuous care of the patients. May act as a liaison with nursing, medical and other therapy staffs to facilitate problem solving and coordination of other services and act as an educational resource.
- Mentors and provides oversight to therapy aides. Provides clinical instruction and training to physical therapy assistant students.
- Recommends and participates in development of new services and programs, quality improvement and monitoring activities.
What you bring:
- Graduate of a Physical Therapy Assistant associate degree program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education required
- Current Physical Therapy Assistant license from the State of Oregon Physical Therapy Licensing Board. For positions in Oregon, a temporary permit is acceptable under the rules set forth by the Oregon State Board of Physical Therapy. A temporary permit shall be allowed for a period not to exceed three months.
- Current American Heart Association BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, projects and display flexibility in a fast paced and changing work environment.
- Ability to assess patients’ conditions and exercise independent judgment.
PEACE HARBOR PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
- Work requires active physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing over 80 lbs.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
- Provides patient care in an uncontrolled home environment; operates motor vehicle on urban and rural roadways up to 25% of each day.
PeaceHealth is committed to the overall wellbeing of our caregivers: physical, emotional, financial, social, and spiritual. We offer caregivers a competitive and comprehensive total rewards package. Some of the many benefits included in this package are full medical/dental/vision coverage; 403b retirement plan employer base and matching contributions; paid time off; employer-paid life and disability insurance with additional buyup coverage options; tuition and continuing education reimbursement; wellness benefits, and expanded EAP and mental health program.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.
PeaceHealth requires a completed Primary Vaccine Series (e.g., 2 dose monovalent Pfizer, Moderna or Novavax series or 1 dose J&J vaccine series) or be Up to Date (receiving the most recent Pfizer/Moderna bivalent vaccine/booster) for COVID-19 vaccination prior to their start date. PeaceHealth has a medical and religious exemption request process for those that are unable to receive the COVID-19 primary vaccine series due to medical/religious reasons. For caregivers that will be working in Oregon there is a personal vaccine exemption form that may be requested.